Sunday, September 2, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Day 2

Day 2 is Orange!  I have to admit- i'm not big on orange whether it's on my nails, clothes or decor, but I used this day to try a nail technique that I haven't tried before.  Here is my first attempt at ombre nails going across the hand:


Bear and I worked on this together and he loved mixing the colors, in fact I just supervised and he did the experiencing.  We started with the orange in the middle.  That color is Kleancolor Boogie Nights.  Then he mixed that color with black polish and came up with the darkest nail.  I knew I didn't want it to go darker, so we just mixed a tiny bit of black for the fourth nail.  These were a little goopy and bubbly which is probably because I didn't have a big enough pool of mixed polish to use, but hey- first try.  The white mixing was a littler harder.  For some reason this was even messier, and where I used one coat for the darker nails, the lighter needed two coats each to smooth them out.  All and all in the end, we were satisfied with our palette and we had some fun while we were at it. :)
 I took Boogie Nights and just did a stripe across each nail so I could see the change of color.  Try this at home.  You'll feel like a little chemist =p

Over and Out

No comments:

Post a Comment