Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday Tutorial: Plastic Wrap Technique

 Happy Tuesday everyone.  I have a new technique for you to try today along with me.  I'm seeing  this all over the place right now- the plastic wrap or saran wrap technique.  Here's what the end result looks like:


Basically it's a way of getting some really cool watercolor- like art onto your nails with really minimal effort!  So here we go:

Step One:

Cover your nail in a coat or two of your base color.  This is NYC East Village which is a very opalescent blue/green.  Loved it but it needs three or more coats to wipe out the VNL(visible nail line).  However, since I was adding more polish it didn't matter :)

Step Two:
Add top coat of choice- I used Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat

Step Three:

Take a strip of plastic wrap and bunch it up til it looks like this and paint a little of your first color right onto the plastic.  Using another surface (like a paper plate) dab a little paint off, and then dab directly onto your nails.  Repeat with each color until you achieve the desired effect.

Step Four:
Repeat your top coat.  Et Voila!



Colors I used were:
NYC East Village
Milani Sail Away which is navy with silver foil and is gorgeous!
Wet n' Wild Deadly Dose- a lighter gold metallic
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls which is the off-white perfection :)

Are you going to give this trend a try?  You will be pleased with the result I promise!

Over and Out

No comments:

Post a Comment