Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday Tutorial: Checkered Nails

The tutorial for today is gettin some checkerboard on your nails :)  It goes a little somethin' like this.

 I started with two coats of Sinful Colors Smokin.


Next I taped off a fourth of my nail using painters tape after letting the base coat dry for a half hour or so- just to be safe.


 Then I painted Spoiled Distant Memory onto the exposed space.


 I peeled off the tape pretty much immediately to avoid any sticking issues, and you are left with this.  Continue the same process on each nail one at a time.


Here's after all the nails are done.  Apply a top coat after this step and wait another 30 minutes or so before the next step.


Next you're going to take your tape and tape off everything but the opposite corner of the nail- and then add a top coat to finish of course.  As you can see, I didn't wait long enough to apply my top coat on the third finger there, but you get the general idea ;)

DO try this at home kids!

Over and Out

No comments:

Post a Comment