Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Random Swatching: 1/20/2013

Well how have your weekends been my lovelies? I had an absolutely fabulous weekend.  I had a date with my hubby where we stayed in and played xbox games we got at redbox.  What a way to feel young again and get some good laughs and quality time with my boo!  We had a lovely relaxing Saturday and Sunday- and honestly with weather like we've been having here- I don't know how you can have anything but a fabulous time!

On to the swatching.  Here are ten random pics(except for the last) from my swatched folder- one of each color and my review and grade :)


Unbreakable Heart
 Eager to go first this week and move into my posted folder is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Unbreakable Heart.  This is just your good old standard rich, lusty red with some shimmer that you've seen done for years.  A go-to one-coat polish for a night out or something to fancy-up your toes.  For being low on the exciting meter, but for being easy with one coat, I give this color a B.



Twinkle
 Twinkle from Pure Ice is a juicy cantaloupe hue with some gold shimmer.  I think this color is refreshing and playful and the gold really adds some dimension. I give it an A.



Lightening
 This is one of my few yellow polishes that gives full bright coverage, but it is such a pain to work with.  Maybe my bottle needed a little thinning since I had it for a few years, but it was not fun to put on or take off...even though I am so partial to yellow, I give Lightening by Sally Hansen Insta Dry a B-



Sparrow Me the Drama
 OPI Sparrow Me the Drama was lush, soft, dusty perfection.  I loved how this color didn't exactly go perfect pink, it through in some dusty, make you look twice goodness.  Perfect application though.  I give it an A.



Walk on the Wild Side
 I give this shade props for trying something different.  This is an almost army, almost forest green, with some microglitter shimmer in there!  This brand doesn't give you the biggest bang for your buck so it doesn't make a heavy contribution to my stash, but this one looked special enough to pick up.  Walk on the Wild Side by Essence Colour and Go gets an A from me.



Slate of Affairs
 I had this color pegged as my blue selection today, but the more I look at it- it seems to definitely be a mix of purple and gray, rather than blue.  But hey, I could always have more purple around- besides this color is so lovely it deserves to go today.  Slate of Affairs by Barielle is the second color I tried from this brand and I much preferred the formula this time around. The dusty gray purple combined with that mysterious blurple shimmer is just fabulous.  A



Port-folio
 Hello! This color should have been my A+ for the week, but I actually have a polish I liked even more than this- but look at that duality of color shoved into this one polish.  So yummy!  Port-folio by Color Club makes a big home run.  This is an old school pic, so not the best lighting, but even then... A.



Without a Stitch
 I really liked this color on, and I picked it up on a whim from a clearance basket.  Without a Stitch by Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure is a barely tan cream and it was a refreshing surprise.  I really don't have many polishes like this in my stash because I don't trust them to apply well, but this polish did not disappoint.  A



Phoebe
Well, if you've been counting this is the tenth color, which means this polish received the highest marks this week.  I've been meaning to get my hands on this polish because it shares my name, and then come to find out it is devastatingly wonderful!  1) Matte, 2) Bright Blue, 3) Slightly Metallic.  There was absolutely nothing about this color that is not to love, and it is definitely my color of the week, if not the month!  Love Love Love A+ for Zoya Phoebe.

2 comments:

  1. Love the nails. I just wish I lived close enough to come by for a quick polish with you! I stopped by a beauty store this week, my first time really, and they had a surprising lack of polish available. And none on discount. I was pretty bummed out. I still haven't done any painting, but I think about it more and more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee my little obsession is having an effect on you =p I would love it if my friends let me paint their nails- how fun! Since designs take a little time to create- we'd have time to gab too :)

    ReplyDelete