Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Random Swatching: 3/17/2013

What up?  Quick round of random swatching here.  Ten polishes for you picked at random from my "swatched" photo file.  I'll let you know what I think of it and you make your mind up for yourself if it's a color worth taking a second look at.


Wine Not
 This deep maroon frost is so fetching and sooo smooth.  I'm not really about red polishes in general right now.  I usually gravitate towards the blues and grays, but this polish was so sexy in shade and formula.  A for Sally Hansen Salon Nail Lacquer Wine Not.




 Queenie in a Bottle
 I loove me some Sation.  This is the hot pink jelly Queenie in a Bottle.  Look how squishy and fun it is!  Honestly the jellies from the Candylandia collection were a little frustrating for me because I had to use 3-4 coats each, but they sure are all so pretty.  A-



Natasha
 Natasha from Julep is a tangerine cream with a perfect formula as I've found most Julep's to have. This was one of the most fun colors that they have put out recently and I knew I had a loving home for it at my house.  This is two coats, and an A.



The Wonder Yellows
Hello sunny yellow selection.  While I always adore the names of the polishes in Wet n Wild Fastdry, The Wonder Yellows did let me down just a tad.  This bright yellow frost was just so close to being fabulous, but I needed a little more opacity so I could see a little less vnl.  Yellow polishes are always a toss up to see if they're going to achieve that.  Through it all, there is no other polish in my collection just like this one, so I'm happy with it.  B.



For Audrey
Apparently I swatched this one a while ago- For Audrey was one of my first China Glaze polishes.  It just called to me from the racks and I knew I couldn't live without it.  There are a lot of delicate mint/turquoise shades out there right now, but this one is at the top of the game.  This is two perfect coats and this might be a polish I'd choose to wear every day if I were so limited :)  A.




 Dating a Royal
 Oh man, this royal blue jelly is to die for.  I love me a dark blue that isn't so dark that you can't really tell if it's blue anymore.  Dating a Royal from OPI is just that and as a jelly instead of a cream it just feels so fresh and playful.  Love love love it.  A.



Royal Purple
 Hangin out in the royal trend, this is Royal Purple from e.l.f.  Boy, was this little polish finicky- along with its mates that I picked up in a little set back at Christmastime.  I don't really have any polishes in this plum/fuchsia shade- so I thought, why not?....it was a sticky mess and not so fun to take off.  Me no recommend this one- and I can't say I've tried an e.l.f. polish yet that I've been able to be cool with the formula.  It's a shame.  C-



Coin Flip
 Wowza I loved this polish.  This is like a gold foil- but even better cuz it has some bronze in there too!! I'm crazy for a foil polish too- so it was the whole package.  Fabulous Coin Flip from Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear.  A.



O Canada!
 This is only one coat of O Canada! from Julep cuz I wanted to take it light and really let the blue be the star, but this gorgeous and super fun glitter can't help but shine through and be center stage! It has larger red hexes and smaller holo glitters.  This little beauty ended up being my favorite from my Julep box the month I received this because of how it surprised me!  A.



Lollipop! Goes the Princess
Ok this takes my number one spot this week because 1) I have always and forever will adore purple and this is a dusty, light, perfect purple 2) it is another great example of how fabulous Sation's Candylandia collection is, and 3) when I look at it it makes me sigh with pleasure, and that's how I know I love a polish :)  xoxoxoxo to you Lollipop! Goes the Princess.  A+


The above polishes can be found at the following places:
China Glaze- Sallys Beauty Supply, Ulta, transdesign.com
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear- Kmart, Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Ulta
Sation- transdesign.com
Julep- julep.com
e.l.f.- Target
OPI- Ulta, local beauty supplies
Wet n Wild Fastdry- Kmart, Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid Walgreens
Sally Hansen Salon Nail Laquer- Kmart, Target, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Ulta

Hope you're wrapping up a great weekend and that this week treats you well.

Adios amigas :)

Over and Out


No comments:

Post a Comment