Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Saturday Random Swatching: 4/6/2013

Yo yo yo.  Time for some more random features from my swatched folder.  Which little ladies are going to be the lucky shades today to finally get to stretch and shine(or not shine)?  Ten more polishes comin' atcha!

 OK! Starting things off with a Sonic Boom from Sally Hansen Insta Dry.  Girls this little bottle is full of one-coat wonder, crazy saturated bright color love.  This is not my go-to shade to be honest, but Sally always pops out some fantastic formula in this brand and I'm lovin that.  Pretty much haven't been disappointed by anything SH Insta Dry in some time- so if you're tryin to decide between two polishes this spring that seem kinda like dupes- you can pretty much feel safe with Sally Insta.  A.




This is Flamingo from Color Club Fiesta Collection for this Spring.  Baby, hot pink- ya ok, I'm diggin' it.  This is two coats and an easy application- works for me.  In fact most of the colors in the Fiesta collection were a nice surprise.  A.




 China Glaze Mimosas Before Manis from their Spring 2013 Avant Garden collection is a peach/coral slight gold shimmer/cream =p  Does that make perfect sense?  I loved this shade.  I think I had to do three coats to get it to my liking, but I didn't have anything just like it- and of course the shimmer was like- bonus!  A.




 Melodious Utopia from Orly's Hope and Freedom Spring Collection (gee we are following a trend here...random, hmmm) was a tiny bit of a let down for me, just because I was really hoping for a tad more coverage.  I know that's hard to get with yellow polishes sometimes, and this little lady kinda makes up for it with her rose/gold shimmer- but I'll have to admit I had to tsk tsk her just a bit.  I give her an A- for this three coat swatch.




 Color Club Fly With Me is from the Summer 2012 Take Wing collection.  I have to say that I adore glass fleck polishes- and yum yum- the shade this one was going for is gorge- but among it's peers in that collection, Fly With Me was one that after three coats I was still feeling like I should apply even another coat, and that just aint coo with me.  My girls need to stand on their own, you know what I mean? =p  Really I adored this collection (that I found in it's entirety for 6 bucks at Ross!) but I wish it didn't need to be layered.  B+




 When you look at Revlon Royal at first glance you're thinkin' wow, what a deep, sexy blue- and ya'll know I love me some blue polish, but then you take a second look and you see vnl...and a formula that screams- "you better hurry and get me off your nails before they are blue forever!"  :) For realz this girl did not want to say goodbye when it was time to part ways.  I'm not sayin that her complexion isn't to die for- cuz she is gorgeous...but a little needy scary... C




 Whew, you can tell by the shape of my cuticles that this is an older pic...time to let Wet n' Wild Megalast Bite the Bullet use her wings and fly on to the big old "posted nails" folder in the sky.  I do adore this color- creamy, purple gray- mmm mmm mmmm.  Most of the polishes from this brand are creamy deliciousness (and of course super cheap).  I got no hatin' for this little bullet.  A




 Meet Brownie Points from L'oreal.  She is dark, divine, distinguished.  But she is a stainer.  My poor little nails had her on them all weekend and they are in desperate need of some whitening toothpaste.  It's a shame cuz her hue was givin' me the come hither vibe.  Sorry Brownie.  B-




 La la love you Teal from Milani.  Oh Milani you don't make enough polish...What you do make is so fabulous that it just doesn't make sense why you don't have more shades coming out.  As you can see- this glitter is a clear base with mini blue; and medium blue, green, and silver hexes.  Coupled with whatever purple this is (ack- sorry) it is just divine.  A.




Oh, my nails were in some poor form here- kinda like they are now cuz I had a major ripage...but this little diva has needed a feature spot for some time now- and today is her day!  This is The Muse's Attitude by L'oreal...if you didn't already know.  She makes quite all the other little polishes feel ashamed that they can't be as fabulous as she.  No, but for real- I just love the dimension of this polish.  Of course the deep green/blue murk is delicious, and it has a great two-coat formula.  A+ color of the week!


The above brands can be found at the following places:
Sally Hansen Insta Dry- Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, Target, Rite Aid, Kmart...
Color Club- Ross(inconsistently), transdesign.com, head2toebeauty.com
China Glaze- Sally Beauty Supply, transdesign.com, head2toebeauty.com
Orly- Sally Beauty Supply, transdesign.com
Revlon- Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, Target, Rite Aid, Kmart...
Wet n' Wild Megalast- Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, Target, Rite Aid, Kmart...
L'oreal- Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, Target, Rite Aid, Kmart...
Milani- Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, Target, Rite Aid, Kmart...

Hugs and Kisses Luvies

Over and Out

No comments:

Post a Comment