Thursday, May 30, 2013

Movie and a Mani: The Fast and the Furious

So, Fast & Furious 6 is in theaters now, and my bestie gives it great reviews.  Seeing that the 6th film from the franchise is out and I've never even seen one of them, I thought it was about time.  The film I'm reviewing for you today is The Fast and the Furious- the original film.  I've never really been crazy for cars, take em or leave em, you know? But I pretty much keep an open mind in general, so I was willing to give it a try.




Cast
Heading up the pack of actors in this film are Paul Walker and Vin Diesel.  They're joined by Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Chad Lindberg, and Matt Schulze.  It's your typical group of hot shots(cutie faces, big muscles, you know the drill).  Mmm mmm mmm ;)

Overview
So this film starts out by introducing a couple of things- a pack of thieves, hijacking semi trucks while on the move in their cars- next the audience is introduced to the street car racing scene which involves fast cars, crazy expensive equipment to trick the cars out, money placed by those betting on the races, and many different gangs or teams of racers.  The main character is introduced in Paul Walker's character as a young man trying to get into the street racing scene and to do that he has to get in with Vin Diesel's character.  What ensues is how he gets familiar with Vin Diesel's team through fast driving and fast talking.  But what really is Brian's (Paul Walker) agenda?? No spoilers here :)

Manicure
This look was inspired by the bright paint jobs on these fast and furious machines.  You know, nail polish isn't all that different than the paint used to laquer these cars, and I knew I could find some great hot shades to match those that the cars (that are almost always going by in a blur) are painted in.  Here's what I quickly knew I had to create, racing stripes and all.




The colors used here are China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard on my thumb, and then from left to right in the picture above we have Essie Butler Please, Sation Abbracadazzle, Julep Natasha, and China Glaze White on White.  The black is as ever, Black Swift from Milani.  

Additional Review
"The Fast and the Furious was an upbeat, fast-action film.  There was plenty of action, fast cars, and some really epic chase scenes.  This movie reminds me quite a bit of Point Break, as the plot is almost the same except involving cars instead of surfing.  It's a decent flick, not the best movie I've ever seen, but worth viewing.  I give this film 3 out of 5 stars."  The Tdawg

Conclusion
So I'm happy to say I thoroughly enjoyed this film.  I mean, it wasn't like I couldn't tear my eyes from the screen- I was happy to have a workout to do and then afterward nail art while viewing the film at the same time- but all the same, I enjoyed it.  I would recommend this film for a date night if you and your boo haven't seen it.  There's cute boys for the ladies and sexy cars for the dudes.  If you check it out, let me know what you think :)  Hope you enjoy the rest of your week, and catch a flick.

Song of the Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfM4bc9553I

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment