Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday Random Swatches 6/29/2013

Hello polish lovers!  Ten more beauties today, comin' right atcha.  Here's hoping you find something that tickles your fancy :)

Red: Avon Apple of His Eye is an almost-orange red with gold shimmer.  This is crisp and fresh and such a lovely take on the old standard in nail polish.  As with the rest in this collection from Avon, the shimmer is a bit of a mess to clean up when you're removing your polish, but it's just so beautiful that it's worth it, right?  A




Pink: China Glaze Pool Party is one of my favorite hot pink neons out there.  I think it's because it doesn't go over the top.  This is two coats over two coats of white polish.  As with most neon polishes, this one was a little tricky to even out, but the payoff is great!  What do you think?  Do you need a little kapow in your collection? A




Orange: Revlon Colorstay Sorbet is shown here with two coats.  Look how smooth and creamy.  I am really into orange polishes right now.  They're usually not the most flattering on my skin, but I think this color is so gorgeous.  Colorstay is Revlon's higher-end collection and it was easy to apply, but I'm not sure it's OPI price quality and that's what they charge for it at most drug stores.  I got this one on a clearance sale, and I think I'd need to try a few more to decide if it offers a very consistent high quality.  Of the two I've tried, neither has disappointed.  I give Sorbet an A.




Yellow: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Butterscotch is so beautifully unique.  It is an aptly-named yellow cream, and as part of Sally Hansen's higher-end collection, I can report it holds to the high standard of the brand and specifically the Complete Salon Manicure polishes.  Two coats and applies like a dream.  I think I found this on clearance at Ulta, but if you see it somewhere, you will not be disappointed if you add it to your collection.  A.




Green: Butter London Dosh is a kinda-lime, kinda-olive green shimmer.  This is two coats but could possibly use a third to make it really pop.  I've been waiting to add a Butter London polish to my collection for some time but it's 15 dollar price tag is higher than I'm willing to pay for polish as yet.  I happened to find this little beauty at a clearance price at Nordstrom Rack where they had a million of them...Not sure what that's saying about the polish, but I have to be honest and say I wasn't crazy impressed with this bottle as I was hoping to be.  Perhaps their cream polishes are lovelier.  Hopefully I get the chance to find out for myself.  B+




Blue: Color Club Blue-ming is from their Spring Pastels collection and it is just lovely.  Look at the color payoff in just two coats and the formula was nice and easy.  Color Club remains to be one of my favorite brands and this Blossoming collection did not disappoint.  Blue-ming is an A.




Purple: Spoiled Watch Your Language is an almost frosty medium purple.  This is two coats and I wish this color had just a little more depth.  It takes some layering, but still, for the price point, it isn't bad.  B+




Neutral: Julep Zora is a pale pink shimmer/cream.  I believe this is three coats because it needs to be built-up but the color is really fresh, sweet, and lovely.  I wasn't positive I was going to love this when I saw the bottle, sent to me in my monthly Julep box, but it was gorgeous on the nail.  A




Texture/Glitter: Maybelline Color Show Cocktail Dress over China Glaze Hanging in the Balance is this gritty black and Burnt Orange/Red glitter.  As you can see, the first application- on the first nail went on pretty smooth, but as the polish was exposed to the air it got gloopy and difficult really quickly.  This was very disappointing, and I had the same experience with another offering from their sequins polishes.  :(  Sad face because they make some really fun and unique combinations, they just have their formula off.  Maybe I'll thin this one out a bit and give it another go.  C




Featured Polish: Barielle Slate of Affairs has so much wonderful dimension.  the bottle shot shows better than what you can see on the nail in this picture.  When viewed from multiple angles, you get a lot of the brilliant blurple shimmer you can see in this bottle.  This is two coats, smooth and delicious- like most Barielle creams.  Love it!  A+

The above brands can be found at the following locations:
Spoiled- CVS, Walmart
Sally Hansen- Target, Kmart, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
China Glaze- Ulta, Sally Beauty Supply, transdesign.com, head2toebeauty.com
Julep- julep.com
Color Club- transdesign.com, head2toebeauty.com, Ross
Barielle- transdesign.com
Revlon- Target, Kmart, Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Maybelline Color Show- Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Kmart
Avon- avon.com
Butter London- Ulta

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

Song of the Day: Friendly Fires- Kiss of Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK0H3jEwUYc

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment