Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday Random Swatching: 8/10/2013

Welcome to another round of random polish swatching.  Let's get started!

Red- Avon Make My Day is an ultra bright basic red cream and I love it.  This is two coats and it's one of the more eye-catching red creams in my collection.  A




Pink- Sinful Colors Outrageous is a mega watt hot pink and very smooth and easy to apply from their brights offering this Summer.  I know Summer is coming to a close pretty soon, but just imagine how fabulous this would look on your toes!  This is two easy cream coats.  A




Orange- Misa Shake it to the Samba is a delicious orange cream.  I wish that this brand had a little bit better consistency on its formula because I do love so many of their colors.  This color is another Summer-perfect polish, but since these kinds of pastel creams are some of my favs in the spectrum, I'm sure I'll don it year round.  This is two coats, but it was kinda tricky.  B+




Yellow- Ulta Cream of the Crop is a very interesting yellow.  It's uber pale, a little tricky in formula like most yellows are but not thoroughly disappointing.  I like it's unique qualities.  You're looking at two coats, and I think it's a keeper.  B+




Green- Savina Apple Green is a neon green with silver shimmer.  In fact it's so bright my camera had a hard time with this color, but the bottle shows you a little better all the glitter- that does truly show up on the nail.  This one is definitely funky, but I love it.  A.




Blue- Nicole by OPI Nothing Kim-Pares to Blue is a thin periwinkle cream/shimmer.  Honestly I wish it were just a little more opaque in two coats because as you can see- it's not quite full coverage.  It's nearly there though, and this shade is so dainty and sweet with all the shimmer.  This color was a great concept but they didn't quite pull it off.  B




Purple- Julep Simone is a pale pink purple cream.  Shown here at two coats, it was a tad finicky, but overall very fresh and clean and a great palate-cleanser when you need a break from your Summer brights.  B+




Neutral- Julep Melissa is a sheer opal polish of perfection.  I didn't think I was going to adore this shade when I saw it at first, but I think it's divine on the nail!  I really don't have many polishes like this one.  It's definitely a favorite.  You're looking at two coats.  A




Glitter- Sinful Colors Paris over Nicole by OPI Khloe Had a Lam Lam is a densely-packed gold glitter in a clear base.  Usually I'm not all about uni-dimensional glitters because I find them a little ho-hum, but this one I really did enjoy.  Maybe it was just the combination these colors made, but I do like it.  A




Featured Polish- Revlon Trendy is kind of a dirty teal.  Isn't it interesting?  I love it, and it went on smooth and easy, two coats- no staining.  If you love blue/greens like I do- this one's a must-have.  A+

The above brands can be found at the following locations:
Revlon- Walmart, Kmart, Target, Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS
Sinful Colors- Walmart, Target, Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS
Julep- julep.com
Nicole by OPI- Walmart, Kmart, Ulta, Target, Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS
Savina- Nordstrom Rack
Ulta- Ulta
Misa- transdesign.com
Avon- avon.com

Did you find something you liked this week?  Which were your favorites? I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Song of the Day: St. Lucia- All Eyes on You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbn8iSSKEyk
*disclaimer- this link is provided for it's audio and not video content*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment