Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Take-a-Peek-ock

Hello again :)  Instead of a tutorial for you this Tuesday, I have a little time warp tidbit for you- a post of some nail art I did forever ago and it's re-worked version to take a look at a few different ways you can accomplish a design.  The first is a more straightforward, clip-art-like concept and while it is striking on the nail and super fun, the second attempt takes a different approach.

Here's the original:
I'm sorry I can't recall the polishes I used for this version.

Here's the second design:


This manicure used the polishes Princessa Neon Purple as the base and acrylic paints for the actual feather.  This technique involves more color accuracy by blending your acrylics and a lighter hand with the wispiness of the feathers.  I think both designs have their place, but which do you prefer?

Hope you enjoyed these designs and they inspire you to unleash your inner artist :) Have fun with it!!

Song of the Day: The Tough Alliance- A New Chance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoV6xfgCkcM
*disclaimer- this link is provided for it's audio and not video content*


Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment