Wednesday, September 11, 2013

31DC2013 Day 11: Polka Dots

Welcome to the pattern portion of the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge.  Hope you've been enjoying this month along with me.  Today's prompt is polka dots, and for me- when I think about polka dots I think of my grandmother and a navy blue fabric with little white polka dots all over it.  I didn't replicate that design today but I wanted to shout out that memory of my sweet little grandma and her style :)  Here's what I did do with the polka dot challenge:





I like patterns that throw you off just a little bit sometimes, and this one-sided polka dot design does just that for me.  It's made up of three polishes: Kleancolor Neon Fuchsia as the base(which is a ka-pow coral/red crelly), Amour '72 Convertible Stingray(the peach cream), and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Peach Beach(the pinky cream).  I'm just wearin' out these Summer hues until I'm told to stop! :)  Really, it's a super fun, bright combination without being truly neon.  So- what do polka dots inspire you to paint on your nails??  Get those polishes out and paint up somethin' right nice and show me on my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/GlimpsesOfTheMoon

Here is Neon Fuchsia on it's own at two coats:

That's it for today! See you back tomorrow for stripes!

Song of the Day: Penguin Prison- Something I'm Not
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnMqVN8tV8o&list=RD02MMyf9Z5wKmM
*this link is provided for it's audio and not video content*

Wanna shout out to all my indie music lovers out there who are actually listening to my songs of the day :) :)

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment