Friday, January 3, 2014

Mum's the Word

Hey ya'll!  How've you been today?  I've got a fresh floral for you- chrysanthemums over an orchid base.  These were so fun to create and study the flowers and how the petals stack on each other.  To achieve that gradient of yellow into white I just blended my shades til I had three progressive shades of yellow and built them upon each other and I really thought it turned out nicely.  Here's the look:




Here's the orchid, Color Club Wicker Park, on its own at two coats:
Don't you think it's really in the Radiant Orchid family- which is the Pantone Color of the Year for 2014?  I think if you're wanting to rock that shade for this year, you might wanna pick this one up- love love love it.  It's a bit streaky on the first coat, but evens out nicely on the second coat.

There you have it- my NOTD, keepin it fresh and sweet today, time to get things rounded down and back to normal after the crazy holidays.  My kids still have the whole next week off of school which is amazing!  I'll leave you with the song of the day, and see you back tomorrow!  You're amazing and you can accomplish anything!

Song of the Day: Young the Giant- My Body
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYpF2pCkLI
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment