Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday Swatchfest 1/25/2014

First off- happy birthday to ma boo!  I'm lucky to have been able to celebrate the last four of your birthdays with you and this is going to be a wonderful year for you babytdoll.  On to the swatchfest!

Pure Ice Siren is a great classic red for a low price.  It didn't make my top ten reds even though it could be an exact dupe for a couple in there, but I just didn't prefer its formula.  It's fine though and you can pick this up at Walmart. A



Color Club East Austin is such a nice peachy pink and applied nicely in two coats.  It's rather a soothing shade for me and if I'm going to wear a pink polish, I usually end up reaching for something like this.  A



Sinful Colors Orange Crush is from their textured polish offering and I think they really do a great job with it.  As with the rest of the polishes from the Crystal Crushes collection, it has some really lovely sparkle along with the texture.  These really are pretty.  A



Here's a really great nude crelly for you, Spoiled Show Me Some Skin.  It's just a couple bucks at CVS and the thing I like about it is it's just pale enough but not too sheer.  It rides that fine line so well.  For it's shade, application, and price I give it an A.



Kleancolor Pearl Jungle is a totally unique shade in my polish family.  It's kind of a light jungle green with this silver running so thick through it that it makes it look almost like a metallic.  This one takes forever to dry, just like most polishes from this brand, but they do come out with some interesting polishes.  B+



Ulta Bam-blue-zled is such a pretty periwinkle blue.  This is two coats and it's that perfect grayed-out light blue that I just can't get enough of.  It's similar to Sinful Colors Sail La Vie, but I didn't prefer this formula.  Still nice though, right?  A



Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pronto Purple is so delicious.  This rich plum that's trying to lean metallic is so gorgeous on the nail and is shown at two coats, but can be worn at one.  Revisiting this shade makes me want to wear it all over again.  So gorgeous for Fall and Winter.  A



I found Bongo Off the Chain for .79 cents in a Kmart bargain bin along with his brothers and sisters.  It's really not the best silver metallic out there, but it wasn't horrible either.  I don't know if I'll ever wear this one again, but if you have a youngster who loves polish, this might be a great choice for her.  B



Nicole by OPI Brilliant Idea over Sea How Far You Go were paired together in a gift set I found on sale at Marshalls and they go really well together.  The glitter topper is a green-yellow multi-sized glitter with micros and larger hexes.  Really beautiful, especially with its companion, and I'm not even a glitter-lover.  A



Savina Royalty is my A+ polish of the week.  I just really loved the shade and the creaminess of the polish.  I don't have many from this brand but all that I've tried are lovely.  This is another lovely, soothing color and you're looking at two coats.  

There you have it, 10 random shades.  Which was your favorite and what were you rockin' on your nails this week?  Have a fabulous weekend!

Song of the Day: Heart- Crazy On You
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant Idea is a favourite of mine. I like wearing it on it's own, so glittery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh is it great on its own too? What- three coats? Ya that was a lucky find!

      Delete