Monday, February 10, 2014

DIY Shattered

Welcome to another week.  It's Monday, but the kids have today off of school so it still feels like the weekend to me.  I have a look for you today that I thought kinda looked like I was wearing a shattered or shredded top coat just a bit.  I'm not the biggest fan of that kind of topper, so I was happy to find a way to do it easily by hand.  Here's the look:


As you can see, this effect is achieved by creating lines, but not connecting them in a cracked or shattered organization so you can see the base color peeking through.  I thought this worked especially well because the base was a somewhat textured polish and the acrylic paint is not so the contrast between the two really makes it pop.  I used a couple shades of pink for the line work to make it more dimensional.  What do you think? Am I imagining that it looks shattered? lol  It's highly possible ;)


The base polish is this silvered gold texture by Color Club called Apollo Star.  This is two coats, and it's divine.

That's it!  Your quick NOTD fix, and you're off to attend to the rest of your day.  So glad we could share some of our day together today.  Have a great one and I'll see you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Neon Trees- Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxPmMbIyBuk
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment