Sunday, February 23, 2014

Does It Matte-r or Not?

Hey loves :)  So, I love playing with the juxtaposition of glossy and matte finishes and when I put this matte Sinful Colors polish on my nails the other day, I knew I wanted to do some subtle detailing with a glossy topcoat.  Using a detailing brush and my top coat, I painted these angled lines on each nail and then accented them further with the black acrylic.  As you can see in the three different pictures below, sometimes the different finishes shows up a great deal and sometimes it's very subtle.  What do you think?




Here is the base polish called Laced Up from their Leather Luxe release of all matte polishes.  Originally I didn't pick this one up because a few bottles I sampled originally were a bit of a mess to deal with, but when the .99 cent sale came around I snatched it and it was indeed lovely.  This is two even coats:


Are you a matte polish fan like I am?  Did you take advantage of the .99 cent Sinful Sale at Walgreens? Hope you're having a great weekend! See you back tomorrow.

Song of the Day: Rick Astley- Never Gonna Give You Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

2 comments: