Friday, February 7, 2014

Let the Sun Shine

Is anyone out there having the Winter blues?  The groundhog says six more weeks of Winter...which is usually about the time we're wishing Winter was over.  We happen to live in the desert, so I haven't been personally affected by these blues, but I know all over the country people are having day after day of Winter storms and so I'm bringing you a little warmth today.  I hope this helps to beat away those blues and help you to remember that the sun will be back soon.  



I started out with Revlon 24K which is just a really smooth and luxe-looking gold that applied nicely in two coats.  Next, using black acrylic paint, I added some tribal sun imagery, keeping things pretty basic and symbolic.  Here is 24K at two coats on its own:

Hope you have a great day, whatever the weather is like in your neck of the woods.  Love to you, and I'll see you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Bee Gees- Too Much Heaven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nREV8bQJ1MA
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out.


2 comments:

  1. Great concept, they are very pretty! I don't miss the sun just yet but I am sure I will come back to indulge my nostalgia for the sun in a week or so. We haven't had much rain here in California which was pretty alarming, but today is the second day of a three week rain forecast so that is good news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What part of Cali are you in- we are in socal and just had our first rain in a millennium a few days ago! I felt like going for a walk in it :)

    ReplyDelete