Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sinful Colors Oh My Mod Swatches and Possible Dupes

Hey, sup sup?  I have another Sinful Colors collection swatchfest for you today.  I picked up this collection at the same time as picking up the Mod in Bloom that I reviewed  last week that you can find here: http://glimpsesofthemoon.blogspot.com/2014/01/sinful-colors-mod-in-bloom-swatches-and.html

Today's swatches come from the Oh My Mod collection which is a grouping of bold shades that run the whole rainbow.  Let's get started.
First off we have this bright blue Jolt which I swatched in just one coat.  A lot of the colors in this bunch were really nice in one coat.  This is a really great basic blue-leaning-green and some dupes in my collection for this one are Bongo That's How We Roll, China Glaze Sunday Funday is rather close, NYC Water Street Blue, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Brisk Blue, a nd I didn't have anything close within the Sinful Colors polishes, so that's great.


Next is this gorgeous Energetic Red.  Aptly-named, right?  Just uber-bright and packs a punch.  It's somewhat pink/coral leaning, and this is two coats.  Sorry for the slightly blurry photo and as you can see this swatch was taken when my nails were a different length than the rest...That is because this polish was released with another collection last year so it's an older swatch.  Some dupes I found were Kleancolor Neon Fuchsia, Sation Peppermint Pedi, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Sonic Boom is rather close.


This beauty is Hip to Be Square.  It's a bright periwinkle blue that I have swatched here at two coats.  This polish is so lovely, but unfortunately had one of the worse formulas for me.  However, if you love shades like this, you'll be willing to look past the streakiness.  This shade is surprisingly close to Sinful Colors Sail la Vie, which was my top blue polish of 2013, so I of course love this shade, but why make such a close dupe?  It's just a tad lighter and brighter, but the difference is minimal.  Other dupes are Essie Bikini so Teeny(but without the shimmer and the horrible application), and Ulta Bam-blue-zled is kinda close, but not as bright.


This little lady is Chick Chick which is very creamy and sunny. This was opaque in two coats, and applied surprisingly well for a yellow polish.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a cake walk, but it was acceptable.  Let's see...dupes: I guess Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Butterscotch is the closest thing I have to Chick Chick, but a little darker, so not quite.  Over all, this one's pretty unique in my collection.


Who doesn't love a really great orange cream?  This is Feel the Vibe and she is swatched at two coats.  I really love that they included this bold orange in this collection.  It wouldn't be complete without it.  Probably the closest matches I have to it are L'oreal Boozy Bruch(but it's just a tad darker), and then Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Sun Kissed(which is just a bit lighter).  Also, Wet n Wild Megalast Club Havana is somewhat similar, but none of these three is right on the money.  I'd say this one would be pretty singular in your collection if you picked it up.


Here is Beatnick which is a teal/turquoise with shimmer.  Super creamy and nice and the shimmer just adds that little something extra special.  This is two coats and let me see if I can find any dupes... China Glaze Custom Kicks, China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise(which dries matte), Color Club Abyss, Kleancolor Catch Me, Misa The Grass is Green on My Side(even has shimmer), Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Kiwi Bikini, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Jazzy Jade.  So, not a super original shade, but everyone loves this color so much, they each have their own take on it.  Still one worth picking up I'd say.


Boom Boom is a gorgeous blue-based pink fuchsia.  This color is everywhere, but is so perfect for this collection of bold Spring shades.  This is two coats and applied nice and easily.  Boom Boom is not unique to this collection, but can be found in their core polishes.  Some dupes: Sally Hansen Fuchsia Power, Sation Queenie in a Bottle, Sinful Colors Outrageous, Sinful Colors Sugar n Spice, and Sinful Colors Pink Poppys from the Mod in Bloom release.  Lots of fuchsia polishes out there which I usually don't pick up, but this one does have a nice formula, so it's worth your two bucks.


The last shade is Go Go Boots which was another one-coater.  It's purple, so of course I love it.  A dusty violet shade, this is bold and rounds out the collection nicely.  Some possible dupes are Color Club In the Limelight(a little lighter), L'oreal Paparazzi Pleaser(a little darker), Misa Total Eclipse of the Heart, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Good to Grape, Sation Super-Nailtural Powers, and Spoiled 2 Weeks Sober- so this color has definitely been done as well :)

I hope you enjoyed this review with possible dupes.  How is your day going?  Leave me a comment and tell me something you were grateful for today!  I'll see you back tomorrow.

Song of the Day: Parade of Lights- We're the Kids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4QCnOE58tk
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment