Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday Tutorial: Gradient and Cross-stitch Lettering

Hello darlings.  Tuesday means we're going to learn a nail art technique.  On the docket today is a basic gradient and then furthermore we're going to do some lettering on top of it.  The style of lettering today is cross-stitch.  Let me show you what I'm talking about:

Here is my video tutorial of how to do these two techniques, so just click right here and you can watch me walk you through this look:

So in this gradient I wanted the colors to slide together effortlessly so I picked three muted shades of light taupe, medium taupe, and a peach shade.  For the lettering I mixed blue and cream to make this muted blue to go along with the muted gradient.  The colors I used are OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around, Rimmel Salon Pro Soul Session, and Rimmel Salon Pro Reggae Splash, in that order.  I used a craft sponge to achieve the gradient, but you can also use a makeup sponge or even a kitchen sponge.  For the lettering you could google cross-stitch alphabets and choose one you like, and then sketch out on a reference paper the word you want to place on your nails.  Looking at that as a reference as you paint will make it easier to get the exact look you want.  Here are a few more pictures of the finished product:




Here is the base polish I used for this design, OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around from the Brazil collection, and you're looking at two coats:

And we're reached the end of another tutorial post.  I hope you give the gradient and lettering a try and let me know about your successes!  I'm so glad you stopped by today and let me know what technique you'd like to see featured on next Tuesday's tutorial.  I love you all and you're all my nail art besties!  Have a fabulous day and I'll see you back tomorrow.

Song of the Day: The Head and the Heart- Fire/Fear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4kZKV1scIU
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment