Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday Tutorial: Ikat Design

Hey peeps!  It's the week of Valentine's Day so I've got a sweetheart mani for you today.  It's featuring an Ikat design, so if you're not interested in finding something to wear for the weekend, well you can use the technique any other time too.  This tutorial was requested by Vannah- what's up girl?- and I thought it would work well themed for V-Day because it's non-traditional and funky which are two things I like very much. Here's the video tutorial where I walk you through what you need to do:


And here's the finished look:


I used China Glaze Fuchsia Fanatic and Sweet Hook, Sinful Colors Simply Silver, and Wet n Wild French White to create this look, but you can use whatever polishes you have on hand that tickle your fancy.

Here is Fuchsia Fanatic on its own at one coat, gotta love that!  This polish is from the Spring 2012 Electropop Collection.

And that's it!  Make sure you check out the video tutorial and subscribe for more videos from me every week.  Lots of love to all of you, my valentines.  I hope you have a great day and I'll see you back tomorrow. :)

Song of the Day: Gold Panda- We Work Nights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV0Ky0ijGNc
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out

3 comments:

  1. Like in the last one you did like this it looked like it was smeared and that looked really cool how did you get it to look that way? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, if you want that affect, apply your topcoat before letting your polishes completely dry- also I think it helped to use a grittier polish- that gray polish in the last one was kinda gritty. hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete