Tuesday, March 4, 2014

2014 Red Carpet Nail Art Tutorial

Hello darlings!  Yesterday I caught up with how the Oscars went down on Sunday night and I created this tutorial for some nails inspired by looks on the red carpet.  You can find it here on my youtube channel where I take you step-by-step through the design:
I based the manicure off of two dresses on the red carpet.  There were many plunging necklines such as Kate Hudson's and oscar-winner Lupita Nyong'o's but the black silhouette is based off of Charlize Theron's dress:

The accent nail is inspired by Bette Midler's dress here:

I thought both of these gowns were regal and gorgeous.  I also want to mention that I was delighted by how many modest dresses were worn to the Academy Awards this year such as by Maria Menounos, Calista Flockhart, Glenn Close, Sally Hawkins, and Naomi Watts among others.  Very classy- ladies!  For the purposes of this design, I chose the above two gowns because I thought they'd transform the best onto the nail.  Here is the finished look:




Another way to wear the design is this way:

I hope you enjoyed this design.  If you want a walkthrough for this manicure you can watch the video at the top of this post.  If you subscribe to my channel you'll be able to easily find all my tutorials, reviews, and tag videos.  Hope you're having a great day!!  I'll see you back tomorrow :)

Song of the Day: Banks- This is What it Feels Like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naMvm2DUKiE
*this link is provided for its audio content only*

Over and out


No comments:

Post a Comment