Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest: 3/22/2014

Howdy Ho, Friendss!  Are you ready for some crazy swatching?? Let's get down to it then- 10 random polishes that haven't found a way from my collection to my blog yet:

OPI Magazine Cover Mouse is this lovely almost- strawberry red textured polish.  This polish was released in the 2013 Couture de Minnie collection and the thing that makes this red really special is the specs of gold and pink glitter running through- which you can really see best in the bottle shot here.  I loved it, and found it in my Ulta's clearance section.  Lucky me.  You're looking at two coats, although I believe you could get away with one.  A




This super vibrant medium pink cream is Nicole by OPI Spring Break from the 2013 Selena Gomez collection.  Her collection was full of glitters and bright creams and I thought this one had a great formula. You're looking at two coats and it applied nice and evenly.  




Revlon Parfumerie Apricot Nectar is from their line of scented polishes and I have to tell you- the smell of this polish was so strong that it gave me a headache and made me sick to my stomach.  I also swatched another from the line at the same time, and either I was still queasy from this beautiful cool-toned orange cream, or they were both queasiness-inducing.  Very unfortunate because it has a nice formula- you're looking at two coats as usual, and it applied with no problems, but boy that smell!  Even with how beautiful it is, I'd have to go with a different polish just so I wouldn't have to deal with the smell.  C+




Poor little L'oreal Bananarama Love is so sheer and unflattering on the nail...This is three coats and it's still so sheer and who wants to wear a sheer yellow polish?  It just ends up looking like yellowed-nails.  A sheer white or cream?  A sheer pink?  Yes- but not a sheer yellow lol.  Happily I only paid a dollar for this one that I found in a Walgreens clearance bin.  Sometimes that's why those polishes are in the clearance bin... I know, some may say that I can just layer it over another color, but why bother when there are other yellows on the market that do give good opacity and look better on the nail? C




I absolutely adore Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Spare-a-Mint, even though the mix of texture and the hue of this polish make for a bit of a mess to clean up.  You're looking at two coats- and this was Sally Hansen's first stab at textured polishes- and then they came out with the sugar shimmers.  This one is lovely for it's flat quality and it is just so unique.  This color is divine.  A




What a fun shade you can pick up at the drug store for under a couple bucks- this is Spoiled Plenty of Fish in the Sea.  As you can see it's this really pigmented opalescent blue that is leaning towards blue/green.  For such a bargain price, this little baby packs a punch!  You're looking at two coats.  A




Orly Beautiful Disaster is surely beautiful, but I wouldn't call it a disaster!  Maybe beautiful happenstance.  I really love this shade, even though it's leaning toward traditional(yes a magenta is traditional even if it's so bright).  In some lights, this appears more purple and it does have shimmer, so just know that about this little baby.  I really think it's nice.  This is two coats.  A-




Sephora by OPI Pale is the New Tan is a very nice and clean neutral cream and it's leaning more warm than cool.  It doesn't have the most fabulous formula; you have to work with it just a bit... but I think you'll be happy if you find this little baby because it is flattering on the nail.  This is two coats.  A-




This polish really packs a punch!  It's Sinful Colors Gilded and I have it layered over over Zoya Mason.  When it's on its own, two coats ends up a bit sheer, but maybe Mason was the wrong shade to layer it over...  Anyhow, it's a gold foil with ruby red running throughout.  This polish released in the Glitz & Glittered 2013 collection.  B+




As for my favorite polish of the week, I give you China Glaze Queen B.  I didn't originally pick this polish up when the Autumn Nights collection released because I just didn't think I needed it in my life, but after snatching it on one of the red tag clearance weekends in March, I quickly fell in love after swatching.  It's like a dusty blurple, and it didn't run too dark on my nails which I loved.  This is two creamy coats and it applied nice and evenly.  You get a big A+!  Congrats Queen B!


So that's the end of my swatchfest.  Did you find something you like?  Which was your favorite and what were you wearing and loving this week?  Hope you're having a great weekend and I'll see you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: James Morrison- You Give Me Something

Over and out

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I love Spring Break & Apricot Nectar. Soooo pretty. Beautiful swatches too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sheer yellow could make a seriously cute jelly sandwich!

    ReplyDelete