Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Sun Gradient and Working with Acrylic Paint

Hey everybody!  Tutorial Tuesday is upon us and I have a sun gradient look for you in a walkthrough format, as requested.  I posted this look a few weeks ago:

And today I switched it up a bit and focused just on the sun:

I chose a more vibrant and darker blue so you can really see the difference in color for the video's purposes and I opted to have the sun facing the opposite direction so it appears the sun is coming out from the cuticle area, sort of like a half moon manicure.  The video for the tutorial is here:

I hope you were able to get a pretty good idea how to achieve this look.  All you need is a small detail brush cut down til it has just a few hairs, and acrylic paints in white, yellow, orange, and red.  Like I mentioned in the video, the gradient technique can be applied to fill in any design, it doesn't have to be a sun- and you can choose whatever colors you like of course.  Here are a few more pictures of the look:



The base polish I used today is Milani Blue Zoom from their recent release of Gold Label polishes and this one, as well as its sisters, has a divine formula.  Super creamy, easy to apply, nice long wear, and no staining!  This is two coats here on its own:


So that's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by :)  I'll see you back tomorrow.  Have a great one!

Song of the Day: The xx- Angels

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment