Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday Random Swatch-fest 4/19/2014

Time to swatch, guys!  Let's look at 10 more polishes that are dying to make an appearance here and say hi to ya'll :)  Here we go:
Sephora by OPI Go With the Flow-er is a coral-red that is just packed with pink shimmer.  Just look how reflective that is!  This is two coats, and as you can see, it still shows some vnl so you might want to do a third- it wasn't tricky to work with at all.  This isn't really my favorite shade of polish to wear...by any means, but it was a nice formula.  B+




Orly Rio was hard for me to place- is this a deep fuchsia pink? Or is this a purple?  I classified it as pink for the purposes of this post, but it could really be either.  It has this nice iridescent finish and applied nicely in two coats.  This one is great and the hue feels a little vintage to me.  A




China Glaze Sun of a Peach was sold out when I originally ordered the 2013 Sunsational collection, so I guess this was the most popular shade of the collection.  It is a really sweet and pleasant color, in my opinion.  The formula was definitely a pain, but when you love polish as much as I do...you tend to overlook that a bit.  This is such a delightful shade of orange to pull out.  Love it.  A




Color Club Sugar Rays is from the Winter 2013 Harlem Nights collection.  As you can see, it's a rose gold duochrome that doesn't have a super intense shift, but it's there.  At certain angles this looks purely gold and then at others you can really see the rose pop.  This is two coats, but you might want to use a third because of the opacity level, that's up to you.  This color is really on trend and if you're looking for that perfect rose/gold polish, this might be the one for you.  A-




Milani Hi-Tech is from the 3D Holographic line and I found it a CVS- not sure if they're still carrying them, sorry.  But look at the lovely holographic in this one!  Somehow its subtle but still packs a punch at the same time.  I love their holos and this one is such a fun shade too.  This is two coats.  A




NYX Supreme Blue is kind of a flat blurple.  I really like the shade, but it doesn't have a lot of sheen on its own.  This one is pretty much a one-coater which is what you see here.  You could do two for good measure, but it doesn't seem necessary.  I think this shade is just lovely.  A




Zoya Payton is drop dead gorgeous!  This deep berry jelly from the Winter 2013 Zenith collection is just packed with holographic glitters.  You're looking at two coats for this level of opacity.  Doesn't it just look like a galaxy manicure without all the effort? Fabulous!  A




Revlon Bare Bones is kind of this sandy/beige cream.  I love it because it's funky.  It really does remind me of a bare bone...You're looking at two coats, which is pretty good for such a light polish.  This was easy to apply and it's definitely not my favorite way to wear a neutral color on my nails, but I still like it.  A-




Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Glam Fest over Revlon Midnight was such a fun combination!  I really loved how this glitter, with pretty much every color in the rainbow featured, looked over this deep dusty blue.  I love blue and silver together so this was a match made in heaven.  This is two coats of the glitter.  A




Sinful Colors Envy is my A+ polish of the week.  This is smooth and creamy in two coats, and just look at this amazing color payoff you get!  I know this is more of a Winter and Fall shade, but I don't really play by the rules.  If I like a color, I'm going to wear it...period.  This did not stain, and when you're paying under two bucks for this brand of polish and find such a fabulous color and formula, it's even more of a win. Yay!

So that's it.  Another week has flown by.  Today we visited the local YMCA and went swimming for a couple hours = the kids were in heaven.  If they're happy, I'm happy :)  I'll see you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Skrillex- First of the Year(Equinox)
  
Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment