Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest 4/26/2014

How is your weekend going so far?  We are in super relax mode over here after having a number of busy weekends in a row.  If you're here for the swatching though, I won't keep you waiting.  Let's get on with it- 10 polishes that have yet to make it out of my "swatched" folder and onto the blog:
Revlon Parfumerie China Flower is from their line of scented polishes and it's this very bright, creamy red that leans to the orange side.  I was a bit wary when I picked this up because I had such a bad experience with the other three that I tried from the line.  Basically the smells were giving me headaches...However, I had a coupon and extra bucks that brought two polishes from this line down to about $0.27!  So I went ahead and gave two more a try.  I am happy to report that I did not have issues this time and I think I know what it is- the sweet scents were what was doing it and this one is floral(as well as the yellow one I picked up called Sunlit Grass). So, Yay!  The formula on all the polishes I've tried in this line has been great(well the yellow was streaky...) and this red is right up there at the top.  Fabulous, fabulous- and yes, I could still smell the scent of this polish every time I had my hands near my face for the ENTIRE day I had this polish on. Also- just look at the shine on this baby- and all of these swatches are sans topcoat.  A




Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Solid as a Rock is basically a wah, wah, wah....shade for me.  It's a nice baby pink with shimmer, but the polish just doesn't do anything.  I think I picked this one up for under a buck, but ya- unless you absolutely collect every baby pink you can find, I'd pass on this one- it was not the best application, and just rather dull.  C




Orly Rage is this megawatt penny-colored metallic.  This is just one coat and although these metallics can be kind of a pain in removal for the mess they make, I really did like the shade.  I'm a little over the metallic polish at the moment, but I like how this one changed it up a bit.  A-




Nicole by OPI Sand in My Shoe is from the new Roughles collection.  Basically they are a matte textured line of four polishes, and this one in particular is this soft yellow with orange particles throughout.  They aren't glitter or shimmer particles like some of the other textured polishes out there.  This is two coats and I really loved this one.  Very fun, very unique!  A




Zoya Josie is so divine.  I just love this shade of green, and of course Zoya does this cream formula fantastically.  This polish is from the 2013 Stunning collection of creams, and this was being clearanced out at Ulta last month, so yay!  A




Sinful Colors Fly Away is just wow...  I mean, there are hardly words for how gorgeous and bright this polish is.  It has a fantastic formula, it did not stain.  I mean, Sinful Colors really does do a great job at releasing such an abundance of great nail polish for the bargain shopper.  This one was released in the 2013 Break Away collection, but they repromote shades all the time so you're sure to see it again if you missed it then.  This is two lovely coats.  A




OPI A Grape Fit just gives me tingles, I love it so much.  The lavender/grape shade is just perfection, the formula, perfection- this is two coats and it's fabulous.  This polish is from the Summer 2009 Brights collection and I found this randomly at Marshalls.  I'm so glad I found this precious angel.  A




NYC Prospect Park Bloom is a very, very pale pink cream and in comparison to the one I showed above from Sally Hansen- I think this one is much more wearable.  I think it looks especially nice on a short nail and you're looking at two easy coats.  A




Sephora by OPI G-listen to Your Heart over China Glaze Lotus Begin is such a gorgeous fuchsia purple glitter, and layered over this pastel purple I found it just divine.  This is two coats of the glitter polish that combines micro glitters with medium hex glitters.  These polishes are popping up at Big Lots these days. Happy Hunting!  A




As for my A+ polish of the week, I give you China Glaze All Wrapped Up from this past 2013 Happy Holiglaze collection.  When I originally saw this in the store, I didn't know you could reach this level of opacity with this polish in just two coats, so I passed it up as just another microglitter topper.  However, I'm so happy I eventually gave it a go, because it is such a stunner.  It's this gorgeous blurple color that I just love and it seems to dry semi-matte which I also love.

That's it!  My random swatches of the week- what did you think?  What was your favorite of the ten and what were you wearing on your nails this week?  I love you all and I hope you're having a fabulous weekend. I'll see you back tomorrow and xoxo!

Song of the Day: Sir Sly- Ghost

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment