Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest: 5/31/2014

Hey everybody :)  Yesterday we discovered my computer needs a RAM upgrade and that's why I had so many issues getting this video up, but thanks to my lovely hubby, we recreated this review on his computer and I was able to upload it today.  Here is the video review of the ten random shades of the week:


Now, if the pictures and written reviews are more your style, that's still right here:

Nicole by OPI Star of the Party is a solid two-coater.  It's like a pinky-maroon.  I wasn't crazy in love with this polish, but if you love this shade then you'll enjoy this polish from a very trusted brand.  B+




Sinful Colors Bikini is another polish that I wasn't that mad over.  It is incredibly bright and has tons of blue iridescence running through it that really makes it shine.  If you love blue-toned hot pinks then you will need this polish.  It's a great two-to-three crelly that really makes a statement.  Not only that- it is incredibly budget-friendly.  B




OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go? is from the Spring 2014 Brazil collection.  This is a bright peachy/orange cream that is opaque in two-to-three-coater depending on how carefully you apply this one.  Unfortunately it doesn't have the perfect formula that OPI is known for, but you can get it to even out if you're patient. Definitely not my favorite of the collection but it's a nice color and I'm glad I picked it up (BOGOFree at Sally Beauty Supply right now!) B+




Color Club Macaroon Swoon, oh how I love thee.  I am majorly into my yellow-toned polishes right now. This is like my perfect pastel yellow/creme shade.  It's not too Easter, if you know what I mean.  This is two coats and the polish is a little on the thick side, but not really a problem once you know that and are prepared.  This little baby comes to us from the Spring 2014 Paris in Love collection- all of which I have live application swatches/reviews for on my youtube channel so you will want to go check that out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGRb2v2VObs  I give this one an A.




Misa Got it Made in the Shade has been hanging out at my house for a little while now, begging to be featured and now it is her day.  I really like Misa polishes but I haven't purchased any in probably a year now just because they aren't as readily available to me, but I can't think of one I didn't like.  This one is no exception.  I just love this color combo of gray and green.  It really is kind of grungy for a gray and I like that.  This is two easy coats.  A




Mary Kay Tempting Teal is a divine one-coater that does not stain.  If you are dying for a polish this color that doesn't stain(sometimes that's hard to find) then you might be interested in this one.  My sister sells Mary Kay and so she sent me it- but honestly it's a little out of my price range so I won't be purchasing any more, but I am really glad I was able to try this one out because the formula is perfect.  A




China Glaze In a Lily Bit is a very pale purple from the Spring 2014 City Flourish collection.  I have also reviewed this entire collection if you're interested in viewing live swatches of it you can do so here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhOsQMJCM5o  There are lots of pretty purples and pinks in this collection and I pretty much loved every shade.  Of course I was gaga over this dainty purple.  The formula is a little patchy so you have to work at it just a bit- but you're looking at two coats so if I can do it, you can do it!  Love it.  A




Fingerpaints Bare No Secrets called to me from the bargain bin at Sally Beauty Supply.  The gold shimmer running throughout made me feel like this might be the perfect nude with a little something special.  While it is very sweet, it wasn't as fabulous as I was hoping.  Perhaps that's why it was being clearanced-out.  Who knows, but if you are a major nude polish fan you may really like this one.  As for me, I probably won't be reaching for it much.  B-




Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Copa-banana over Sephora by OPI I'm Wired was released with a bunch of other matter glitter polishes.  Each polish is suspended in a clear base so they make really fun toppers.  I'm not sure if you can tell from my swatch, but it's a mix of black, yellow, and light green hex glitters.  I really liked all of these and this one's especially quirky.  This is two coats.  A




Pure Ice Wide Awake is my A+ polish of the week because I could not stop staring at my hands when I had it on!  I usually find that to be a pretty good gauge for how impressive a polish is.  It doesn't block all the vnl at two coats, as you can see, but I really liked wearing it this way.  This is such a sparkling beauty- wow! I'm not even a massive glitter fan, but this one took the cake this week!

And there you have it.  Another swatchfest is a wrap and I'm so glad you came to hang out for a bit with me today.  Most importantly, I hope you're happy and healthy and you're having a fabulous, fun, and safe weekend.  I'll see you back tomorrow for more nail art!

Song of the Day: Bag Raiders- Not Over

Over and out

2 comments:

  1. Nice swatches! I have NOPI Star of the Party, got it about 3-4 years ago, and have worn the heck out of it! I really like it in the Fall with silver glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I'll definitely have to remember that!

      Delete