Thursday, June 12, 2014

L'oreal Miss Denim Collection Live Application and Review

Hey Loves!  I have a new collection review for you today.  I found this collection of 6 polishes from L'oreal at Rite Aid, and when I saw the shades I knew it would be impossible to pick just one(and all L'oreal products were 40% off!)  Seriously these colors are GORGEOUS- but I kinda like blue polishes.  Another thing to know about these polishes is they are all textured, but it's a casual texture- no sparkle and not a lot of grit.  They are also not all traditional denim shades, but the ones that are not were specifically chosen because they are shades that go well with denim.  If you care to see my first impressions of the collection with live application and top picks, you can find that here:


Let's get to some pictures:
 Blue My Mind is a beautiful medium dusty blue that applied like a dream and you're looking at two coats.


This is Distressed Turquoise which is a very very light turquoise.  I think they hit it out of the park on color accuracy here- this looks just like stone-washed jeans to me, bravo.  This is two easy coats.


This deep blue is Indigo Classic.  You're looking at two coats and I was thinking it might need a third but I think I was satisfied with this in the end.  It's a really lovely dark jean shade and...it didn't stain! Yay!


This is Jean & Tonic and I just did one coat for this swatch to show you how pigmented this polish is.  It really packs a punch.  On the downside- this is a stainer so maybe double up on basecoat or just avoid this one (boo-hoo...I absolutely LOVE this shade!)  This also applied easily.


OMG how I love a bright periwinkle/purple hybrid!  Just look at this color, people!!  If I had to pick one polish from the collection it would be this one, but you all know I have a weakness for this color.  Sigh, so gorgeous.  This is two coats.


Lastly, we have Vintage Rose, which is a warm pink that I think really compliments these blues.  I am not a huge fan of pinks but I actually really love this one.  It's like trying to be coral, but definitely still pink.  This is two coats.

And that's it!  What do you think of this collection?  I know it's another textured offering, and if you're sooo over it already, I understand.  However I'm not over it- I love how easy textured polishes are to apply at home- how forgiving they are.  I just love how fun and different they are.  Do you think you'll pick any of these up?  Which one was your favorite?  Let me know below- I love to hear what you think.  Hugs and kisses to you all!  I'll see you back tomorrow.

Song of the Day: White Lies- Getting Even

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment