Saturday, June 14, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest 6/14/2014

It's Random Swatch Time people!!  Here are ten randomly-chosen polishes from my collection that haven't had a chance to be featured on my blog in any way yet. If you want to watch the review and live swatches you can find that here:


As for the photos and ratings for each polish you can find that here:
Essie Come Here! is an absolutely gorgeous coral red.  I think this might be my favorite shade of red to wear on my nails.  It's not severe; it's youthful and fun and perfect for Summer.  I found this little lady on clearance at Marshalls, and I do not know why :)  But lucky for me it was and I didn't have to pay full price for Essie(which I think is a crime to ever pay 8-9 dollars for that brand cuz you really can't plan on consistency with their polishes).  This applied nicely in two coats.  A




NYC Lafayette Pink is just your basic soft pink cream.  I really like this drugstore polish brand, because it's inexpensive and usually consistent in formula.  I just really thought this color was blah though.  Not my cup of tea, but you may love it and that's great because we all have different tastes.  B-




China Glaze Life Preserver is a fabulous light burnt orange cream that comes to us from the Spring 2011 Anchors Away collection. This is a perfect two-coater and I love how unique this shade is.  I think a great option for Fall, even though this came out in Spring.  I love this one.  A




If you haven't tried the Sinful Shine line of polish yet, what are you thinking?  ;)  This is Sinful Shine Bananappeal and they really pulled-off a beautiful bright creamy yellow that has no issues with being streaky. This sister line to Sinful Colors is slightly more expensive at the drugstore, but at times you can find them marked down to under a dollar, like just last week.  This is two coats.  A




Nicole by OPI On What Grounds is from the Roughless collection of four textured polishes that released this last Spring.  I really enjoyed this offering for it's fine, sandy texture and bits of colored specks running throughout.  I wish there had been more than four shades, but I guess it just makes it that much more special. This one is a lovely soft turquoise and you see two coats here.  A




Wet n Wild Megalast Coast to Coast comes from a collection of 6 primary brights that recently released for Summer 2014, and can you see that little bit of iridescence?  This is the only one out of the 6 that has that finish.  I really love the color of this polish, but as a whole, the polishes in this collection were difficult to work with.  That being said, this was probably one of my favorites out of it.  This is two coats, and I give it a B.




This intensly-pigmented blurple is Julie G Dance in the Dark.  Dang this polish packs a punch!  The bottle shot gives you a pretty good representation of the flash you can expect to see on your nails with this little gem.  You can find this brand at Rite Aid and you're looking at two coats here.  This did stain a bit, unfortunately and for that, I have to give it a B.




Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Pedal to the Metal is this frost metallic, which makes it a little undesirable to me...I picked up this polish before I knew that among the different finishes in the polish realm, frost is probably my least favorite.  However, this one is interesting in my opinion because I feel like this silver leans a little bit to the lilac side.  You're looking at two coats from this very nice line from Sally Hansen- the Complete Salon Manicure polishes are always top notch.  All things considered, I give this a B-




 e.l.f. Gina Girl is the only chunky glitter I found from this brand and it is my glitter random pick for the week.  As you can see, the glitters are suspended in a deep purple jelly and it's not quite opaque at two coats, but that's what I've shown you here.  I really find this glitter beautiful for it's barely-there price point, and layered over the right polish I think it would really shine bright.  B




Finally, for my A+ color of the week, I give you Color Club Je Ne Sais Quoi from the Paris in Love collection.  When I was swatching this baby, my first impression was, I don't know...But I left it on for a few hours and started falling in love.  I just think it's gorgeous in its uniqueness and I was staring at it all day.  I love yellow polishes, and yellow in general, and I don't always want to wear a sunny bright yellow, or pastel yellow on my nails, so I can turn to this delicious mustard yellow.  That's sounds funny :) but it's true.  I really was into this polish.

And there you have it!  Another swatchfest done and hopefully you found something you liked in here. Which was your favorite polish of these 10, or out of your collection that you were absolutely loving this week?  I always love to hear!!  I hope you're having a great day and I'm so glad you stopped by to spend some of it with me.  See you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: David Lynch- Ballad of Hollis Brown

Over and out


3 comments:

  1. Hi Phoebe, I love your swatchfests! So I have to ask, is that a full-size bottle of Gina Girl? Because I will have to go buy it tomorrow if it is now available individually! I have only seen mini versions of it with those holiday packs or villain sets with white bottle caps so I'm pretty excited, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is a full-size bottle; I just checked their site right now, and it's there with the rest of the $2 polishes. Happy shopping! :) The only chunky glitters they have released in the full size so far it looks like are Gina Girl and Enchanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teheeee! Thank you! Now we just wait for that mailman! :)

      Delete