Saturday, June 7, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest: 6/7/2014

Hey ya'll!  How's everybody's weekend going? It's Saturday, it's Saturday!  We're gonna swatch on Saturday!  Peeps, I picked up the L'oreal Miss Denim collection yesterday and I'll have that review up for you in a few days. Guys, the colors are so pretty!  As for today- per usual I have ten random swatches to share with you.  Like the past two weeks, I put together a review and live swatch session on my youtube channel so you can find that here:

As for pictures and my thoughts:
China Glaze Ruby Pumps is up first.  This color is in the core line that you can find at any Sally Beauty Supply.  It's a great classic red shade that is just packed with shimmer.  I think this is a great special occasion polish.  You're looking at two coats.  A




Nicole by OPI Best Pink Ever promises quite a color.  This is a medium pink that is packed with blue and pink shimmer which makes it really interesting.  I don't, however, feel that it's the best pink ever...but it is really pretty.  Rather sheer at one coat, it evens out nicely at two.  A-




Color Club Seaside comes to us from the Seasalt collection which is filled with flat, shimmer, and metallic textured polishes.  This one is an orange sherbet with tons of gold shimmer.  The only problem with this polish is it didn't have enough texture.  It was just kind of uneven but I still really like it.  This is two coats.  A-




Sinful Colors On the Bright Side is a recent release this Spring and it's a really opaque yellow!  You're looking at two coats and even though the color isn't really my favorite thing ever, I do have respect for how nice the formula is on this yellow.  It's also really bright, so prepare yourself for that if you planning on shopping for this one ;)  A-




Spoiled Toad-ally Amazing is such a gorgeous color of green.  It's a sea foam shade that is packed with silver shimmer.  This polish can be found at CVS for under two bucks and it is literally one of my favorite polishes of life :)  I'm just such a sucker for this shade.  It's still not quite opaque at two coats, but I feel like the color compensates for the sheer quality.  A




Bongo Kickin' It is this gorgeous shade of blue that I found in a bargain bin for half a buck.  I was really surprised at the formula of these polishes(I picked up a few).  They have great pigment and opacity in general.  This color of this one is a nice primary blue cream and it didn't stain.  You're looking at two coats. A




Wet n Wild Megalast Trippin on the Boardwalk is from the Summer 2014 collection of primary brights.  This one is really sheer on one coat, but if you give that first coat a long dry time, you can get a second one on for a smooth finish in two coats.  This is a jelly/cream hybrid polish(commonly referred to as a crelly)  Honestly the application of most of the shades in this collection is not too fun.  They are kind of picky and want to be coddled...not everybody has time for that lol.  Just because I am totally in LOVE with this shade I will give the polish a B-




Fingerpaints Sparkle in the Sky is this really interesting textured polish.  If you look at the bottle shot- it really looks like a galaxy so the name is totally fitting.  This polish is packed with indigo, gold, green, and pink shimmers.  Really unique and fun, you can find this line at Sally Beauty Supply.  This is two coats.  A




OPI Polka.com is from the Spring 2013 Euro Central Collection.  The glitters ride in a clear base so it tops any polish easily, and the glitters that make up this polish are micro purple, and larger pink, teal, and purple hex glitters.  I love this combination- absolutely!  A




Orly Gumdrop is a light sea green cream that is practically a one-coater.  This polish is a must-have from the Orly line.  All these things combined are what make Gumdrop my A+ polish of the week.  Go out and get this one, people!

And that's it!  Another week has flown by and I'm off to go play with the family.  I hope you're having a great day.  Be safe everyone and have a great day.  See you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Daft Punk- Get Lucky

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment