Friday, July 18, 2014

Bonita Salon Blooming Colors Live Application

You probably know by now that I'm a fan of the Bonita Salon polishes that have been showing up at Rite Aid since early this year.  The colors that came out in Spring were great, but I think they've made two more equally-as-lovely collections for Summer and Fall.  I'm looking at the Blooming Colors collection today which is made up of 8 polishes that are mostly creams but also has a frost and iridescent polish and a shimmer.  It's really well-rounded and all polishes have a stellar formula.  Each of these polishes retail for about two and a half dollars which I think it a great find for us budget-conscious polish lovers, and it shows the big companies that you don't have to charge nearly 10 bucks for a great polish.  If you'd like to see how the formula works on each polish you can see that here:


As for the photos and review, let's get into it.
First up we have a nice hot pink called #pink.  It is smooth and opaque at two coats and has a lovely iridescent quality.  I'm not over-the-moon about the shade but that's just because I don't gravitate to the exuberance of hot pink, but it is a really great polish.


Now here's a pink I can really get on board with- it's a bit squishy, more of a crelly polish and it has that lovely coral/pink mix going on.  It's called Miss Piggy.  You're looking at two coats and it was smooth and easy to apply.  I really love this shade.


Honey Me is a coral/mango that is smooth and creamy.  You're looking at two coats and it really is lovely.  I know this polish has been done a lot this year, but if you need just one more polish of this hue, then I definitely recommend this one to you.


They included a lovely creamy daffodil yellow.  It has a hilarious name- not sure why they assigned it, but it's called Creaaamson lol.  I like to look at a brand's yellow cream to judge their formula sometimes because there are so many stinkers out there.  This one's great and you're looking at two coats.  I had no issues here.


Frosty is a very pale green frost polish.  Normally frost polishes just create brush stroke issues and look rather high-maintenance to me.  It's not really my thing, but this one looks really lovely.  It's interesting that at the same time, NYC released a pale green frost... In any case, I think I prefer this one better.  You're looking at two easy coats.


Fall and Catch is this gorgeous teal with shimmer.  This polish is very reminiscent of the polishes in the Spring collection that all had this shimmer running through.  This is nearly a one-coater but I've shown you two here for consistency.  This one's great!


Juvia is a pale sky blue cream.  I've swatched it here at two coats.  As you can see it is fully opaque at two coats, and it caused me no issues with application.  It has no shimmer or iridescence and is just a great creamy light blue that could be a fabulous staple for your collection.


Spring Violet is probably my favorite of the collection.  They've made a perfect two-coat, creamy, dusty purple that just glides on the nail.  The color is so beautiful, I'm quite pleased that they rounded-out the collection with it.

What did you think?  These were all 8 polishes in the Blooming Colors collection and I couldn't find a fault with any one.  Have you found any of these at your Rite Aid and will you be picking any up?  Like I said, they're quite budget-friendly so I'd give them a go if I were you.  Let me know which is your favorite.  Mine are Spring Violet, Fall and Catch, and Miss Piggy.

I'm so glad you stopped by today.  I hope you found this helpful and I'll see you back tomorrow.

Song of the Day: Fila Brazillia- Billy Goat Groupies

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment