Thursday, July 3, 2014

FingerPaints Poolside Paradise Collection with Live Application

Hey loves.  It's time for another collection review.  This one I am absolutely in LOVE with and I was really surprised by how much so.  The collection comes from the brand FingerPaints that you can find at Sally Beauty Supply and it is made up of 6 primary colored-glass fleck/shimmers.  It is called Poolside Paradise and if you want to the see the video review and live application of the formula you can go here:


As for the regular written review and pictures, as always you'll find that here.  So this collection consists of 6 polishes, one of each color of the rainbow.  They have very high shimmer very reminiscent of the glass fleck polishes from Color Club.  They are all great two-coaters, except for one which I will tell you about at the time.  I really didn't think I was going to like this one as much as I did.  Sometimes when I see a collection made up of shimmers, what immediately goes to my mind is what a mess they're going to be to clean up.  But once I started swatching these, their brilliance pushed any other thoughts out of mind.  Let's get started:
First up we have the strawberry red shade called Be My Baby.  This is two coats and it applies evenly and easily.  It is simply packed with pink and blue shimmer and I was crazy about this color on the nail!


This divine orange is called Aloha Lei and it is one of my favorites from the collection.  Just look at the reflection and depth of this polish.  Without all the gold fleck and shimmer this is just a basic sweet tangerine polish but the gold makes it regal for me.  I am absolutely in love.  This is two easy coats.


 Another stunner from the collection is this happy, sunny yellow with tons of gold fleck called Hula Aruba!  First off I love the name.  All the names on these polishes are fun and evocative of the spirit of this collection- which says Summer Party to me.  You're looking at two coats, and you can totally pull off just two.  Really great, fabulous polish.


This lighter green is called Margarita Mambo.  As you can see, at two coats it's still a little bit sheer, so I'd probably apply a third to reach a better opacity.  This is the only polish that doesn't turn out the color that it is in the bottle.  Even still, I really did think this looked fabulous on the nail and it's also just packed with green and gold shimmer.


This fabulous oceanic blue is called Surf's Up!  So gorgeous, this two coater has blue and pink shimmer running throughout.  Another one of my favorites in the collection, it is so pigmented and just makes me happy to look down at my hands throughout the day.  Perfect.


Lastly, we have this brilliant plum called Wild Bikini.  This has purple and blue fleck in it and there's something about this color that is fun and cozy at the same time.  It's like the color of the end of a night of partying.  You know I love my purples.  This one's no exception and it's again a great two-coater.

So what do you think?  Has this review intrigued you enough to go check these out?  Like I said, I passed over these for a while because I just didn't think they looked interesting enough, but man was I wrong.  Btw, I am not being compensated in any way when I give polishes a good review, all opinions are my own and I just honestly thought this collection was stellar.  AND you can pick these babies up for less than most polishes in the drug store.  Don't even get me started on how overpriced polishes are these days....We don't need to hear that rant again :)

I hope you found this review helpful, and if you liked the video portion, make sure to click subscribe, it really helps me out!  Have a great day everyone and I'll see you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes-Home

Over and out

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous swatches! Sally's has FingerPaints on sale B2G1 free this month so I picked up the red, blue and purple. I wasn't sure if I should go for the red or the green so I'm really glad I went for the red in the end since that green is so sheer! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, good choices! Didn't know FP was on B2G1 this month! Thx for telling me muahaha lol

    ReplyDelete