Saturday, July 19, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest: 7/19/2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest, peeps!  We're going to look at 10 random shades from my collection that haven't had a chance to shine on the blog yet.  It's time we take a look at them; who knows, maybe you'll find something you really like.  If you'd like to see how each polish applies, you can find that video here:


OPI Stay the Night is from the Mariah Carey collection, and as you can see, it's a liquid sand polish.  This one is so gritty and I've shown it to you without topcoat here.  I think the black jelly base looks really nice with the fuchsia/red particles running throughout.  Maybe next time I'd layer this over black to get an even more intense look on the nail.  You're looking at two coats.  A




FingerPaints Etched in Bronze was in the clearance section at my local Sally's and I picked it up even though the color wasn't incredibly intriguing.  This polish looks more peachy/pink than bronze to me, and it does have a nice metallic sheen.  I don't see myself reaching for this polish very often but this brand has so many winners I knew I had to give it a try.  B




This sweet coral/orange crelly polish is Wet n Wild Megalast Love Me Some Muscles.  This polish is one of six in the All Access Beauty collection and they were all rather sheer and lack-luster.  I don't think the polishes are horrible, especially for the price, but just know you're getting thin, weak shades.  I give this polish a B-




China Glaze Sun-Kissed comes from the 2012 Summer Neons collection.  It really is a unique shade, unlike any other neon yellow I own or have seen.  It's really bright and has shimmer running all throughout.  It dries matte and looks nice and opaque in two coats.  A




Nicole by OPI Alex by the Books is a lovely soft sea green cream.  This polish came from the Modern Family collection and I think it's understated and lovely.  This applied without any issues and you're looking at two coats.  A




Nina Ultra Pro Twinkle, Twinkle is this really gorgeous textured blueberry shade.  You definitely need two coats and you can still see the nail bed just a little bit, but despite that, I really love it.  It has the sparkle, texture, and color.  Super pretty, and this line is very affordable.  You can find it at Sally Beauty Supply.  A




NYC Nolita's Lavender is a lovely, dusty lavender that seems a little runny but evens out well enough at two coats.  It's very similar to Jacaranda Flower from the City Samba collection that just released this Summer.  I think I prefer Jacaranda Flower to this polish, but in any case, it's still lovely.  A-




e.l.f. Chocolate is my neutral shade for this week.  It's a really deep chocolate brown that applies smoothly in two coats, it practically doesn't need that second coat.  If you are familiar with e.l.f. then you'll know that this is a very budget-friendly polish.  Their line consists of nearly 50 polishes and they're not the most inventive colors, but they make good gifts and they're a great place to start if you're just getting into polish.  A-




Orly Intergalactic Space is a black jelly polish that is really jam-packed with copper, fuchsia, and blue/indigo glitters.  You're looking at two coats so it can totally function on its own and doesn't need any kind of base.  This comes from the Galaxy FX collection and although it is rather a mess to clean up as most thick glitters are, it's so lovely.  A




China Glaze Gothic Lolita is my A+ polish of the week.  The polish that gets this spot is the one I didn't want to take off my nails after the swatch.  Look at this gorgeous purple and all the dimension in there.  You can see blue and lovely pink coming through.  The color is divine and it comes from the Spring 2012 Electropop collection.   You're looking at two coats and it was cake to apply.

And that's it, all 10 shades from our random swatchfest.  Which was your favorite and what was on your nails this week?  I hope you're having a great day and I'll see you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Florence and the Machine- Shake it Out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment