Friday, August 29, 2014

Sally Hansen Limited Edition X-treme Wear Mattes and Glitters

Hello again dear friends.  I have yet another matte release for you today.  We had FingerPaints, then Wet n' Wild Megalast, and now Sally Hansen X-treme Wear has four mattes in primary colors accompanied by four glitters.  If you'd like to see the video review on this, you can do so here:

As for the written review, let's get to it.  The mattes all have the same formula- these dry quick and are very matte without much gloss at all(as opposed to the Wet n' Wild mattes for example that were quite glossy for a matte).  You can probably get away with one coat but I will show you two for each polish.  Let's get to it!

This is Blue Blood and it's a deep navy.  I had no issues with staining or application- as long as you move quickly.


This interesting ninja turtle green is called Royal Shyness and is probably the least-wearable shade for me, but if you love green polish you will probably want to pick this one up because it's so different.


 The red that leans a little oxblood is called Wax Poetic.  This one's super vampy and perfect for Fall.


Here's a really great, basic black matte called Chain Mail.  This one's a little glossy around the edges just because I added some cuticle oil at this stage in the swatches, and not because the polish looks that way.


All the glitter formulas were the same- clear based jellies with pieces of foil of all different sizes in usually two different colors, but one polish has three colors.
The glitter with vibrant green and blue foil pieces is called Court Jest.  The pieces were not difficult at all to get on the nail.


 The silver and vibrant blue glitter is called Family Jewels.  Again, no application issues.


The polish with three colors of foil is called Mind Your Manors.  This has the same green and blue as the polish I showed you first, but it also has orange/bronze pieces.  This one is probably my favorite because it has the most interest due to more colors of foil.


Last up, we have Rogue Red which is made up of silvered-pink and red foil shards.  Application was the same here as for the others.

Have you spotted this display where you're at?  I had heard about it and was pleased to find it at Walgreens because I enjoy matte polishes and diverse glitters.  I think they could have pushed outside the box a bit more, but I'm not complaining.  I hope you're having a great day and I'll see you back tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Mimicking Birds- Bloodlines

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment