Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wet n' Wild Shine Summer 2014 Limited Edition Polishes and Balm Stains

Whew!  That was a long title!  Wet n' Wild has some limited edition displays up at Walgreens right now and I just went ahead and snatched everything.  There is a Megalast mattes display but today we're going to look at the four polishes from the Wild Shine line and the two Megaslick Balm Stains.  For reference, the display looks like this:

I do review all 6 pieces of this display in the video I posted on my youtube channel which you can find here:

We'll just look at the polish here on the blog so if you'd like to see live application of the polishes and balm stains you'll want to go to the video above.

First up is probably going to be the most popular polish in the collection, it's this lovely, bright sky blue cream called Chambray Showers.  It reaches opacity in two coats, but you could even get away with one if you are in a hurry.  I did encounter bubbling problems with both creams in this collection.  I thought that was worth mentioning.


The other cream is this lovely salmon pink called Ferris-Wheel Romance.  I love that this one is salmon- I don't have too many pinks of this hue and I really didn't need another very basic pink.  The formula is great- I did encounter bubbling on my first pass of it but I went ahead and swatched again and being more careful, things came out smooth.  This is two coats.


They next gave us this super vibrant carrot orange crelly polish called Spitfire.  You're looking at two coats and it's squishy and delicious.  I had no issues with application and if you're an orange-lover, you will definitely want to pick this one up, especially at such a nice price.


Last up is the most sheer polish called Gyp-Sea Green.  This is a true jelly polish and will probably work great for a jelly sandwich.  The color is so lovely but unfortunately it comes off more brown on the nail than the true turquoise-green than it is because so much of the nail bed shows through.  For that reason I didn't really care for this one, and even though it's only a dollar, I'd probably pass on it.  This is two coats and I had no issues with application.

Short and sweet, those are all the polishes in this release.  Thanks for stopping by today, and as always let me know if there's anything particular you'd like for me to review for you.  Have a fabulous day and I'll see you back tomorrow :)

Song of the Day: Yuksek ft. Oh Land- Last of Our Kinds

Over and out


No comments:

Post a Comment