Thursday, September 25, 2014

Ciate First Impressions and Live Swatches

Well hello there!  How's everybody been.  Hopefully I've not been leaving you too lonely over here. If so, head over to my youtube channel.  I'm much more active over there these days :)  Today we're going to look at some polishes from the brand Ciate.  This was my first interaction with the brand and I purchased the polishes at Marshalls.  If you'd like to see my live application of the polishes- you can do so here:

So, let me just preface by saying these polishes retail for about $15 dollars at Sephora and I got mine for $4.  I would definitely say that's much more of an appropriate price for the likes of these polishes. They really aren't anything special, and I will be surprised if I purchase any more from the brand.  I didn't have any issues with the formula, they were just all regular two-coaters, but they really lacked anything special that I feel would warrant the high price tag.  Having said all that, I used two coats for each of the 5 polishes I felt the same about each- just kind of meh.

 Espadrilles is a shimmering red with plenty of gold in there.


 This deep burgundy cream is called Guest List.


 Next I tried out Holiday Blues which is a nice blue cream, but nothing I haven't seen before.


 The most interesting shade I found was Stiletto which is a deep grass green.


Last up we have Vintage which is an green/gray cream.

Those were all five polishes that I tried.  Like I said, they're worth a look-see if you are trying them at clearanced price, but I wouldn't suggest this brand at full price.  If this is your favorite brand ever, I'm sorry, but that is just my opinion.  I hope you're having a great day and I'll see you back next time.

Song of the Day: Cold Play- Fix You

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment