Sunday, September 28, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest 9-27-14

My bad...again :)  I totally forgot to upload this yesterday!  I'm hoping that you are acquainted with my Youtube channel, which is where I've been hiding out a lot more lately.  I uploaded our Saturday Swatchfest there, and now I'm finally getting it done here.  If you'd like to watch the live application of all these polishes you can do so here:


Let's look at some untried polishes from my collection!

First up we have Sinful Colors Hot Chili which is a fiery red with tons of holographic pieces in it. I'm not really in love with this polish.  I don't feel that it applies nice and evenly.  This is two coats and it didn't quite get opaque.  I give it a B-


Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Coral Reef is a perfect coral cream.  You really don't need to look elsewhere.  This is a perfect one-coater.  It's one of my bottles that actually has a substantial amount of polish missing from the bottle because I love it so much :)  A


This gorgeous orange/coral with tons of gold shimmer is called Georgia and it's from the brand Julep. I wish I had better things to say about this polish besides the fact that the color is stunning. Other than that- it's kind of a mess to apply and this brand is enormously over-priced.  B


A great staple among yellows is Revlon Colorstay Buttercup.  This is still a bit patchy at two coats unfortunately.  It's such a gorgeous shade of barely-there-yellow that it really would be magic if it worked at two.  I still think it's nice though and I give it a B+


Make Mine Lime from Nicole by OPI is this very sheer lime shimmer.  I've shown you three coats here and even still it's not opaque.  I love the color, but I just don't like having to classify this polish as a topper, thereby making it more work.  I like easy polishes :)  I give it a C


This perfect sky blue cream is China Glaze Bahamain Escape.  I've shown you two coats here, but you only need one.  It is perfection and one after one swipe you'll understand why I place it in such high regard.  You can find this in the core collection at any Sally Beauty Supply.  Get it!  A


Another polish you can find at Sally Beauty Supply, this is Lavender Highlight from FingerPaints. Honestly, I don't love this one- it's not that even at two coats- there are a lot of other purples out there that you'll enjoy more.  B-


OPI Get in the Expresso Lane is my neutral polish of the week.  This brown is so lusciously deep and it actually almost leans green to me.  This polish comes from the 2011 Touring America collection.  This is two easy coats, and you may be able to get away with just one.  If you love an almost black-brown...you will love this one.  A


Oh wow, I love this vibrant indigo glitter in a clear base from Sephora by OPI.  It's called Indi-go with the Flow.  All the glitter is the same shade, but there are at least three sizes of polish.  This looks so nice over many polishes and I've shown it to you here over Sinful Colors Curry Up.  A


For my A+ polish of the week, I give you Zoya Sansa from the Fall 2014 Ignite collection.  This is a lovely deep purple and it's filled with green/gold shimmer.  So, so perfect and the name is so much fun.

That's it for today!  Did you find anything here you liked?  I hope you're having a great day and I'll see you back tomorrow :)

Song of the Day: Capital Cities- One Minute More

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment