Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest 9/20/2014

Hey loves.  It's that time of week again.  Saturdays are so fun because we get to look at the untrieds- the polishes that aren't debuting currently in a new collection.  Let's give these little ladies some time to shine!  As you know, I pull 10 random polishes from my collection that haven't ever appeared on my blog or channel and we swatch them and I rate each polish.  If you'd like to see the video version of swatchfest, you can do so here:


For red, I'm showing you this amazing red/orange cream from Avon.  It's called Tangtastic and I'm so in love.  This is practically a one-coater but I've shown you two.  It glides on, wears fantastically and I just couldn't take it off my nails.  A


Pink is Spoiled Kickin' the Habit which is a lovely medium to hot pink crelly.  This is gorgeous and if you're a pink fanatic you will love this polish.  No issues with application; it's a great two coater! A


This lovely warm peach/orange is called Hazard and it's from Sinful Colors.  I think you can find this one in their core line- at least I hope so because it's a fabulous orange cream.  I don't feel the shade is daunting- in fact it's probably one of the easier ways to wear orange polish.  This is two coats and I had no issues.  A


Say hello to Mimosa Bouquet from NYC.  This color is rather lovely, as pale as it is and with that lovely shimmer, but this one is a pain to apply.  It's streaky and sticky and didn't self-level very well. I'd say pass on this one if you see it around.  Don't be tempted by it's siren, pale yellow ways...there are better yellow polishes out there that are much more worth your time.  C


Julep Shenae is repping for green today.  As you can see, this is barely green, but it totally still qualifies.  It's like an icy sea green with tons of iridescence.  I thought this applied rather nicely at two coats and even though I don't subscribe to Julep anymore, I am thankful I received this polish.  A


China Glaze First Mate is our blue polish this week.  If you don't own this polish- you should.  It's such a gorgeous dusty navy and it's a one-coater.  I've shown you two here for consistency, but you can totally get away with one.  It doesn't stain and applies like a dream :)  A


Another one-coater is our purple polish from Orly and it's called Wild Wisteria.  This is a very deep, and dusty purple.  This one's so deep that it can look black on the nail, so if you're looking for that kind of shade- you can pick this one up in the core line from Orly either at Ulta or at Sally Beauty.  A


For neutral I'm showing you Nicole by OPI A-Nise Treat from the Gumdrops collection which was all textured polishes.  This one is a lovely black texture with tons and tons of silver in there.  I've shown you two coats here and it's nice and opaque.  A


For glitter I have Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Indi-glow and I'm sorry to say that I can't remember when I picked this one up.  I have a feeling that it was limited edition and I'm sorry about that.  But this is a lovely color- this indigo jelly base with green to gold holographic hexes in there. Unfortunately this polish is rather thick and goopy, but if you don't care, well then you'll really enjoy this one.  I've shown you two coats.  B


For my A+ polish this week, I have non other than the absolutely breathtaking Do You Have this Color in Stock-holm? from OPI.  If you haven't picked this color up yet, you should splurge and do it. I only snatched two from the Nordic collection(this one and the turquoise) and I literally cannot believe how divine this shade is!  If you love purple cream polish, you need this polish :)  I've shown you two coats here.  It definitely needs two coats for opacity but I'm not complaining.

That's it!  Which polish was your favorite of these 10 and what were you wearing on your nails this week?  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Song of the Day: Rixton- Me and My Broken Heart

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment