Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Bonita Salon The Colorful Palette

The other day I reviewed the new release from the brand Bonita Salon.  The display is called The Colorful Palette The Artist Collection.  Nice long name huh? :)  Each polish has a name either after a famous artist or one of their works.  If you'd like to see the video review of this collection with live application of formula, you can do so here:


First up we have Ballet Rehearsal- which is the lightest pink in the collection.  It has subtle silver shimmer like the rest of the lighter polishes in the collection.  This is two coats and honestly, I group all of the light creams in the same boat- I didn't really love the formula.  It's kind of goopy and doesn't even out very easily.


I enjoyed this polish more than some others.  This is called Da Vinci Code.  It's a lovely milky brown cream that is actually kind of a lovely color but it's unfortunate that the formula isn't that great.


This dusty turquoise is called Dali's Memory.  Again, the color is lovely but I know I have other polishes of the same shade that don't have a bummer formula.


This nice beige is called Florence.  I do really enjoy the color but it's the same story as the other lighter polishes.  It's a bit of a hassle and even though the price is right, I'm not sure they are worth it. Some of the lovely nudes that have come out this year, even without the shimmer, are better than this beige.


This deepest rose/pink is called Monet's Garden.  Same story- I love the color and I just wish the formula wasn't goopy.  Some of them are worse than others and this wasn't one of the worst but still, I know you can find polishes in this hue elsewhere :/


The two deeper polishes in this collection have the nicest formulas and are probably worth picking up.  First we have Rembrandt's Muse which is a lovely berry/wine with lots of shimmer.  I've shown you two coats here, as with the rest and I do recommend this one.


Another great one from the release is called Starry Night.  This is like a very deep teal with that same lovely shimmer.  This applies nice and easily and it's another one that I definitely recommend.


Unfortunately the worst polish of the collection is this one called The Kiss.  I had to swatch this one three times to get a smooth application.  That is unacceptable to me!  There is no polish worth having to spend that much time applying, for realz.  Stay clear of this one.

That's it!  All-in-all I would say this collection is definitely not a must-have.  I found this collection at Rite Aid.  If you do spot it- grab the two darker polishes and you should be set.  Don't bother with the lighter creams.  I hope you're having a great day and I'll see you next time!

Song of the Day: James Holden- Some Respite

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment