Sunday, October 12, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest 10/11/2014

Well, it's Sunday night, but I have this weekend's Swatchfest for you!  As you know, we look at 10 random polishes from my untried polishes.  If you'd like to see the video version of this review, you can find that here:


Let's get started!
For red we're starting out with FingerPaints Red-brandt which is a nice classic red that leans just a little bit berry and it has tons of shimmer.  I really thought this was gorgeous, but it was incredibly hard to remove!  Bleh!  For that reason I give this one a B-


This very light pink cream is Revlon Lilac Pastelle.  I have to admit, I didn't really love this one.  The formula wasn't that great and the color isn't very unique.  I've shown two coats here as with the rest. B-


For orange I have this very warm orange cream from China Glaze called V.  I feel like this shade of orange is more wearable for others.  The formula is great and I love this one.  A


From Maybelline Color Show I'm showing you Bold Gold.  This is a really powerful and warm gold metallic.  You can totally get away with just one coat here.  I think it's a great option if you need a gold polish in your life.  A


This interesting polish is Sinful Colors Curry Up.  The formula isn't perfection, but I think the color is cool.  It's kind of an alien green and it has lots of shimmer, including some orange specs.  A-


This gorgeous blue lustre polish is OPI Swimsuit...Nailed It.  Wow, this one is so divine, perfection in two coats.  I was so happy when this blue came into my life.  A


This super deep violet cream, one-coater is Color Club Nail-robi.  I've shown you two coats here per usual, but you really don't need more than one.  I feel like this one's a must-have for purple polish-lovers.  So easy to apply and I love that it looks almost-black.  A


For neutral I'm showing you Nina Ultra Pro Shooting Star.  This is a great two-coater and I love it when a glitter gets opaque on its own.  This is just packed with micro silver glitters and slightly larger silver hexes.  A


For the glitter selection, I've given you China Glaze Love Marilyn.  I had to do three coats for this swatch and it just barely reached enough opacity.  As you can see, this is micro red glitter and slightly larger red and silver glitter.  B


For my A+ polish of the week I'm sharing Sinful Shine I'm Blushing.  I appreciate it because it's one of my new favorite go-to neutrals.  It reaches a nice level of opacity in two coats and the formula is great.

And that's it!  I hope you've all been having a great week and I hope you found something you liked :)  Have a great day and I'll see you back next time!

Song of the Day: Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes- Don't Leave Me This Way

Over and out

1 comment:

  1. Red-Brandt and Swimsuit... Nailed It! are my favorite's from this bunch. Lovely swatches as usual!

    ReplyDelete