Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest 11/01/2014

What!  It's Tuesday and I totally forgot to put up my Saturday Swatchfest...Must have been too crazy of a weekend, that I just let it slip by.  Hopefully you were able to watch the video review that I did post on Saturday.  If you haven't yet, you can watch it here:


Let's get the ball rollin'!
To start with a classic- this is Wet n' Wild Megalast I Red a Good Book.  This is a great two coater cherry red that has such a great formula for the price point.  If you're needing a great no-nonsense red in your life, then snatch this one!  A


Sinful Colors Glimmer is my pink polish this week.  It's a pink crelly that is really packed with shimmer.  Unfortunately I didn't love this one.  A pink polish really has to be special for me to grab onto it and even with all the blue shimmer, I just wasn't feeling it.  B-


This orange frost is China Glaze Cruisin'.  You definitely need two coats here and if you love orange polishes, you might really go for this one.  Again, this wasn't really a win for me so I was only ho-hum about it.  B-


For yellow/gold I'm showing you Kleancolor Gold Shimmer and I feel like a broken record: there's really nothing that special here.  You get plenty of glitter with each coat, but I have other gold glitters that I enjoy much more.  B-


Sally hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet is our green polish this week.  The color is absolutely divine, but the formula was just a tad finicky.  Maybe it is because my bottle was quite a bit older, but all-in-all I do love this color.  A


For blue we're looking at Color Club Gossip Column.  This is a really great one-coater but I've shown you two here as I always do.  What a great dark teal blue.  I didn't have any staining issues which makes the polish even better.  Such a great polish for Fall.  A


Sparitual Bravery, this gorgeous deep matte purple with very subtle shimmer is our purple polish of the week.  This one would most certainly look better with a glossy top coat but I've shown it to you in it's natural form.  Such a great buttery formula.  Love it.  A


Ulta Snow White is our neutral polish this week.  This is a really great basic you could have in your arsenal.  It has a great, reliable formula and I really enjoy the opacity at two coats.  A


For glitter, I'm showing you FingerPaints Abstract Attraction which is a holographic flake glitter in a clear base.  This one doesn't show up on the nail as much as I wish it would, so if you were on the fence with this one, I'd skip it.  C


For my A+ polish this week, I am showing you OPI What's a Little Rain Forest?  I suggest to you all to pick up the beach sandies- the four mini liquid sand polishes from this Summer.  This uber-bright blue-green is so fabulous at two coats.  I wanted to wear this all week, which is the epitome of what it means to be an A+ polish.  Love, love, love it.

There you have it, all 10 polishes.  I hope you found something you like and please leave me a note telling me what your favorite polish was this week.  XOXO to you and I hope you're having a great day.  I'll see you next time!

Song of the Day: Lisa Jaeggi- All the Good

Over and out

2 comments:

  1. That Wet n' Wild red is amazing! I do love the color of that Beach Sandie, but I haven't tried any of those! Very pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being so excited about the Finger Paints Holo flaky topcoats. I have the first generation and loooooved them, but these, bleck. Everybody was bummed about them.

    Beautiful colors as always and full of great information. I wait to watch your Saturday Randoms Sunday night to round out my weekend. You always pick beautiful and calming music in your videos.

    ReplyDelete