Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saturday Random Swatchfest 11/15/2014

Hey everyone :)  It's Saturday again and it's time for our Swatchfest!  I hope you're ready to see some pretty polishes!  Who am I kidding- that's why you're here! :)  If you'd like to see live application of these 10 random polishes, you can find that here:


Let's get to the polishes.
To start things out, we have this pretty red that leans a bit brick.  It's OPI First Date at the Golden Gate from the San Francisco collection.  The thing about this polish- and I don't know if it's just because I have the minis- but it's rather thin.  It doesn't feel luscious and warm like it seems like it should.  I could probably do a third coat because it is an unproblematic formula, but at two coats it was rather underwhelming for me.  B


For pink, we're looking at China Glaze High Hopes from the Up & Away collection.  This is a bright, warm pink that unfortunately isn't really anything special.  There are a couple really great polishes from that collection and so I gave this one a try too.  If you're really into pink(unlike myself) you may enjoy this more than I did.  The formula was fine and I reached opacity at two coats, but you just have to be careful not to get too much on the brush.  B


Our orange polish is Sinful Colors Tapping Nails.  I really likes how this looks on the nails- here in this photo.  In person, the formula seemed a little thin and I could still the the nail line.  It's a really pretty flash from orange to pink to gold, which is a really lovely combination.  For an orange polish, I really liked this one.  A-


The gold polish of the week is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Goldie Frocks.  Now this one is rather sheer, as you can see.  I do really like this shade of gold though- it's rather light and angelic.  You definitely need three coats for opacity.  It's actually 3 days later and I'm still wearing it. I think it's because it's a chic shimmer.  B+


Nicole by OPI Lay It On the Lime is our green polish this Swatchfest.  You definitely need two coats here for this delicate pale lime cream.  I think this one's really fun and if you happen to see it around and you're fond of interesting cream colors, I'd totally suggest it to you.  This is two easy coats.  A


For blue, we're looking at Salon Perfect Smooth Sailing.  This is a very bright medium blue that I thought for sure would stain my nails but happily, it did not.  You can find this brand at Walmart, and for my first experience with it- I was pleasantly surprised.  I did think that it could have a little better self-leveling, and for the price point- which isn't as friendly as sinful colors or pure ice, I would expect it to be pretty decent.  B+


Our purple polish is Revlon Fascinate.  As you can see- this polish is lustrous and really commands attention, but you can also see that it didn't quite level across the nail.  This is two coats and I'm not sure I'd want to do a third, but I guess you could try.  I love the shift from indigo to plum though. Overall, I give this one a B


e.l.f. Sea Escape is our neutral shade.  It's either a black or very dark blue cream with tons of blue and purple shimmer in it.  In person, it really is quite stunning- this picture doesn't quite do it justice.  For the price point- I think this one is rather great- the formula was easy to work with and you can pretty much get away with one coat, even though I showed you two.  A


Pure Ice Over You is this glorious glitter that is made up of bright lilac microglitter and turquoise short bar and hex glitters.  This is two coats, but you really only need one.  It really makes an impact on the nail.  If you spot this little lady- I'd pick her up- and this is coming from someone who isn't crazy about glitter nail polish.  A


Sinful Colors Mesmerize is my A+ polish of the week.  Look at this gorgeous deep purple!  It has lots of dupes out there, won't be hard for you to find one- however, this one is a two dollars at the drug store and often is on sale for $0.99!  For that reason, and it's perfect formula, this one was my favorite polish of the week.

I hope you found something you liked here and please let me know what you were wearing and loving this week.  Lots of love to you, and I'll see you back next time.

Song of the Day: fun.- We Are Young

Over and out

2 comments:

  1. The e.l.f. and the Pure Ice polishes are the ones I like the most from your swatches! I've been meaning to get a manicure and bring my bottle of Maybelline's "Plum As You Are" but I never get the chance. I haven't tried the polish out in general yet, but it's a neat looking deep plum with pink shimmer in the bottle. I wonder how it will translate onto the nail!

    Time for me to go to bed, lol! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

    ~nikki ('<>')>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm i haven't seen plum as you are but i have another plum from maybelline that is really nice. It sounds like a great color for this time of year! Thanks for stopping by Nicole :)

      Delete