Tuesday, December 2, 2014

China Glaze Twinkle Collection with Live Application

Ready for another great Holiday collection?? This time it's from China Glaze and they named it the Twinkle collection.  It's super fun; it has something in there for everybody, and it's budget friendly compared to other brands.  If you'd like to see my video review of this collection with live application, then you can do so here:

This collection is made up of 12 polishes in cream, frost, glitter, and chrome finishes.  A number of them are one coaters as well, so I really like that :)  Let's get started:

First up we have Chillin' with My Snow-mies which is white hex glitters in different sizes.  This is two coats, and it's not super easy to get out the amount of product that you need, but if you're ok with working with it then you may really enjoy this snow-on-the-nails look.


Another glitter in the collection, this is Dancing & Prancing which is a glitter bomb that is made up of silver, gold, pink, blue, and green glitters.  I feel like it appears pink the most, but you can really see the rest of the colors really well.  You are looking at just one coat here- you definitely get a ton of glitter out on the nail so that's really nice!


Next up is the gold and holographic glitter called De-Light.  I decided to show it to you on it's own so you can see the coverage you get in just one coat.  It also makes a stunning topper polish, so I'm really loving this one.  The holographic quality is in the form of bar glitter, but I'd say they are an unobnoxious length.


December to Remember is this subdued blue is hiding some pinky-gold duochrome quality within it.  Really something special, this is one of my favorites in the collection.  It's not so in-your-face, and yet it's still stunning.  You're looking at two even coats.


This berry-moving-toward-wine frost is called Define Good...  I'm showing you two coats here but you can even just do one.  I think this is a great, sexy red option and the frost quality of this polish wasn't disturbing.  Jessika, thepolishedqueen on youtube, pointed out to me that an almost exact dupe for this at the drugstore is Spoiled I Don't Drink Cheap Wine.


Another glitter in the collection, this is Feeling Twinkly.  This is a super vibrant cornflower blue microshimmer- like very, very micro.  I think it's absolutely gorgeous, but it's definitely a topper polish.  You're looking at two coats.


This next one is called I'd Melt for You and it's a chrome finish that isn't quite as mirror-like as the one that OPI made called Push and Shove, but it doesn't require a special base coat, so that's nice :) This is two coats.


Another glitter polish they included in this collection is the super deep black/blue jelly base with tons of silver glitter called Meet Me Under the Stars.  This is two coats and I think it looks lovely on its own.  At one coat it's a little hard to even out but at two it's very nice.


The other frost they included in this collection is called No Peeking!  I felt this one was super sexy on the nail.  It's kind of a subdued blackened plum and the frost formula again didn't bother me and this was a surprise favorite for me.  I've done two coats here for you.


Here is one of my top picks from the collection- this is Out Like a Light.  It's a mid-to-deep gray and it gives one coat perfection.  This is such a great staple and if you love gray polish like me, this is a must-have.


Another must-have from the collection is this lovely emerald microglitter that reaches this level of opacity in two coats.  I would probably do a third coat next time so there is less vnl, but I do really love the color.  The called this polish Pine-ing for Glitter.


Lastly, we'll finish with this traditional red cream called Tip Your Hat.  It's not red, red but it's actually moving toward berry.  I used only one coat for this swatch here- and it has great opacity.  I also appreciate that they didn't overload this collection with reds!

That's the whole lot!  Did you find anything you liked in here?  I was definitely glad Tim encouraged me to review it because there's some great diversity in the collection.  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you back next time :)

Song of the Day: Martin Garrix- Animals

Over and out

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow these look gorgeous!!

    Please let me know if you would be interested in following eachother on GFC and Bloglovin.Would love to stay in contact.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Feeling Twinkly" and "December to Remember" are so, so beautiful. I love all things blue and they both do the color so much justice. *-*

    ~nikki ('<>')>

    ReplyDelete