Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Revlon Parfumerie

At Walgreens this month, the Revlon Parfumerie polishes are being clearanced for $2.99 and with the $2 off coupon in the December coupon booklet at the front of the store, you can pick up the whole set of Parfumeric polishes for just $.99 each.  I wanted to give you a rundown of all the polishes in the line so that you can pick and choose what you're going to haul- because at that price, you really should pick some of these up.  If you'd like to watch my live application video of all 17 polishes that Walgreens carries, you can find that here:

Let's look at some photos:
African Tea Rose really surprised me with how much I enjoyed it.  It's a hot pink that isn't obnoxious and it has some lovely subtle shimmer.


Autumn Spice was another surprise favorite for me.  It's this lovely chocolate with amazing copper shimmer running throughout.  AND it had a really pleasant scent.


Beachy is a sandy copper shimmer/frost that didn't really have yucky brush strokes, but all-in-all I felt like the color could have been a bit more saturated.


Bordeaux is a delicious red that leans wine and has a great two-coater cream formula.  It isn't anything you haven't seen before but the formula is easy.


Fresh Linen is a frosty cream and as you can see- at three coats it was still really sheer.  I didn't love this one.


Italian Leather was one of my favorites!  I love the formula on this dusty green/brown and the shimmer was unexpected.


Lavender Soap is a very pale lavender frost that was again, a kind of disappointment.  All the frosts in this collection had this same three-coater formula.


Moonlit Woods is another frost in the collection.  As you can see, another icky formula.  I like the notion of the color, but it just didn't work out.


 Pink Pineapple had a really lovely scent but just look at this formula!  Such a sheer pink...I'd pass.


Spun Sugar is a metallic silver frost that has kind of this grungy feel.  The formula was actually ok at two coats.  It wasn't such a great color for me though.


 Surf Spray was incredibly sheer at two coats, but it became this really lovely bright blue at three.  Even still, I wouldn't go crazy for this polish: a three-coater that you can still see vnl on...


Wild Violets is another one I really enjoyed!  This great two-coater has such a gorgeous finish and the color is perfection.  I'd definitely recommend this one.


China Flower is this super bright cherry red cream that has a great formula.  This one's a must-have if you're going to pick any up.  This is two coats.


Lime Basil is a beautiful bright mid-tone green that has such a nice creamy formula.  This one is another that I'd definitely pick up.  This is two easy coats.


Wintermint is the only real glitter polish in the collection.  As you can see, it's kind of a silvered-green metallic with this beautiful teal glitter.  Definitely another one I'd snatch up if you get the chance.  This is again, two coats.


Sunlit Grass is the only cream in the collection that did not have a great formula.  In fact I'd call this kind of terrible.  It has such a nice sunflower hue that it's too bad the the formula is so patchy.  I managed to catch a good swatch photo of it.  But I wouldn't bother if I were you.


Last up we have Apricot Nectar which has a really, really sweet scent, but it is really pretty.  This is another great two-coater formula.  I'd definitely pick this one up.

And that is the round-up of all the polishes.  I really hope you're able to find these on clearance at your Walgreens and take advantage of the coupons.

Have a great day and I'll see you back next time! :)

Song of the Day: Klaxons- Golden Skans


Over and out

3 comments: