Monday, February 23, 2015

Saturday Random Swatchfest 2/14/15

Playing catch up here, I know :)  This is my Saturday Swatchfest from Valentines Day.  I uploaded it to my channel, but I've been sick and wasn't able to spend the time on my blog that it deserves.  As usual, if you'd like to see the live application of formula of all these ladies, then you can do so here:


Let's look at the polishes :)

For red we're looking at OPI I Sing in Color which is a deep blood red crelly.  This is two coats without topcoat.  Not really my shade, but it definitely has it's time and place.  B


China Glaze Escaping Reality is our pink polish this week.  This one dries semi-matte and it's a nice blue-toned pink.  This is two coats without topcoat.  B+


FingerPaints Stardust Blush is our "orange" polish this week.  It's not orange obviously, but it's a red/gold textured combo so I put it in this spot.  Something about this polish was kind of off-putting.  I think because it was too thick I just didn't really enjoy it, but the concept is nice.  This is one coat over Escaping Reality shown above.  C


Our yellow polish this week is from Covergirl and it's called Haughty Lemon.  It is very sunny and has a very subtle shimmer.  I thought they did a great job with formula.  This is two coats.  A


For green this week, we have Revlon Enthrall.  This is a gorgeous deep olive shimmer with a bit of brown in it.  This is just gorgeous and the formula was smooth and easy.  This is two coats.  A


American Apparel Mount Royal is our blue polish this week.  I am so in love this the shade of this polish!  It's just one of my happy colors :)  The formula is easy, you almost reach opacity in one coat but I've shown you two.  I usually swatch without topcoat so the original effect of the polish is shown, but this is a polish I would probably topcoat just because it's not naturally glossy.  A


Julep Sylvia is a basic grape cream.  I've shown you two coats here and even though you're looking at a clean swatch, I had to work for it.  The formula was not great, and for that reason I can't give this more than a C+ because there are so many polishes out there just like this one.  


The neutral polish I want to show you this week is Avon Gel Finish Iceburg White.  This polish has the nicest formula of any white polish I've tried.  You're looking at two coats and it was just so easy and shows no nail through at two coats.  Loved it! A


My A+ polish this week is Zoya Savita.  It's one of their matte velvet polishes and on it's own it looks like this at two coats.  But...


with topcoat it looks like this- just majestic!  So regal and I just love that glow from within.

And that wraps it up!  I hope you enjoyed our Swatchfest :)  What was your favorite polish this week?  Have a great one and I'll see you back next time.

Over and out

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog and I just wanted to let you know that I love your Saturday Swatchfest posts!

    ReplyDelete